Sponsored by: DP Tuner

auto lock assembly

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 12:00 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
auto lock assembly

I'm just finishing Guzzles R&R of the front needle bearings and decided to do the auto lock hubs also. I was able to do one auto lock hub and get it back together without a problem. The other side is giving me fits when trying to get the assembly seated in the hub so the final snap ring can be put into place to lock the assembly together.

Have any of you run into this and if so, any hints on how to do it?

The two inner gears do not seem to want to stay in place as they are placed in the hub and then they twist so the inner gear will not full seat in the outer gear. Maybe, I'll just have to keep trying, but I got really frustated last night after about a 100 tries.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:10 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wish I could be of help but I am subscribing to see what answeres you get from one of the experts. I will need to do this evetually myself. Best of luck Del!

Old 10-08-2008, 12:29 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Most of it is pretty straight forward. Getting the hubs out was a pain because they hadn't been out since the truck was new(7+ years), and they had a bunch of rust around the area where the snap ring that holds them in is located. I had to use lots of PB Blaster and a large welders visegrip that I clamped around the hub to wiggle it back and forth over a couple of days to get it loose.