1968-Present E-Series Van/Cutaway/Chassis Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

2001 E150

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 05:15 PM
BBaldwin
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E150

I am going to acquire a 2001 E150 with the 5.4 l V8. I was wondering what I could do to the exterior to make it look custom. Every time I google images custom vans, I get all kinds of handicap vans etc. I am looking for modifications that are relatively cheap, and easy to do. I am thinking wheels and exhaust to start. Does any one have any suggestions as to what I can do?

I realized I did not include enough information hence the edit. It is a green van, with the seats and the tvs in the back. I used to have a 1997 E150 that was formerly a cargo van that I put seats in and windows. I am fairly good with my hands, and have a friend that can weld. I am also pretty good with electronics.

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-30-2008, 06:05 PM
IntrepidCUB
Senior User
is it a conversion van. I think the sky is the limit on exterior stuff. It has to do with what look you want, what are your going to be doing with it. etc. on another forum i check out vannin.com they do all kinds of crazy things. but they are the old school vans with a few modern ones thrown in. one guy has a dodge conversion van jsut taking some of the stripes and running boards off he changed the look of it, then theres a hood scoop, that could be interesting, One guy has a gullwing type cargo door on his ford. A HAVAC company here AIRCO has full front grill guards, then theres tialight guards, window louvers, vent visors, you have a pic of your van?

Old 10-01-2008, 04:20 PM
BBaldwin
New User
It is the passenger van, seven seats (one bench, two captain's chairs plus driver and passenger up front). I do not have a pic of it yet, but will post one soon. I am thinking of getting side pipes and a grill to start.

Thanks!

Old 10-01-2008, 08:54 PM
IntrepidCUB
Senior User
what kind of grille are ya thinkin?