2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Doors by Solid By Design

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Solid By Design
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuel Doors by Solid By Design

www.solidbydesign.com

Hello. Just signed on as an advertiser with posting privileges.

As you know, the '09 F-150 will be arriving soon. We are overstocked with '04 - '08 F-150 Fuel Doors.

We build an OEM quality door. Our customers include Roush and Ford Racing with these very doors - except of course no logo on these. We also build the Mr Norm Dodge Ram fuel door, and are providing the special finish fuel door for the Ivan Stewart signature Tundras.

We're discounting these doors to our cost and need to clear them out before the new truck is released. Originally these doors sold for $85 or more. We're now moving them out for $30 - $35 depending on finish.

These doors are contoured to match the contour of the truck body. They are aircraft grade billet aluminum, precision machined for a perfect fit and then finished with a black powder coat, or an anodized line grain - or polished (high polish) to a jewel like finish and left raw - but of course that door (high polish) will require waxing and occasional buffing.

Please take a look.
You can find out more about us at our web site: www.solidbydesign.com
You can order directly from that site as well.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
welcome to the site, and thanks for sponsoring.

Could you post up some bigger pictures though?

those doors don't go with my trucks white/black theme, but they would look pretty good on alot of the other trucks here on FTE.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:05 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Tylus, click the link, go to Fuel Doors, then pick a model and click details. They have black powder coated doors. They also say they can customize so how about a white powder coat?

Old 09-30-2008, 08:27 AM
rival904
New User
Wonder how my truck will look with the black one pictured....

04 Yellow F150 STX

Old 09-30-2008, 11:02 AM
Solid By Design
New User
Originally Posted by rival904
Wonder how my truck will look with the black one pictured....

04 Yellow F150 STX
Rival, if you have other black trim, then it should look just fine. If your trim is chrome, or you're sporting polished aluminum wheels, then "high polish" might be a better choice.

The old standby, anodized and line grained (brushed aluminum) finish is also a good all around choice as it has a relatively neutral look.

You'll see on the web site we also offer a true chrome finish, for the F-150 only. This is a plastic door (the same kind of plastic used in chromed door handles these days) with a show chrome finish. It is an extruded piece, so it is also contoured to match the curve of the sheet metal. Because it is chrome over plastic the finish is nearly impervious to the elements. At the price we're offering it ($14.99) you can afford to have it as a "Sunday" option. These doors simply snap on and off the factory hinge, just like the OE door. Whether you purchse the billet aluminum, or the plastic, you get a contoured fit and a very light door that will not sag the plastic factory hinge.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Solid By Design
New User
Originally Posted by tylus
welcome to the site, and thanks for sponsoring.
Thanks. Glad to be here.

Could you post up some bigger pictures though?
Sincce I don't handle the web site, I can only put in the request. Maybe I can take a picture and post it directly here. You have no idea how difficult it is to snap a good picture of something shiny without having it totally distorted by reflections. May have to get help from a real photographer.

those doors don't go with my trucks white/black theme, but they would look pretty good on alot of the other trucks here on FTE.
You might consider the black powder coat - should go well with the black grill and door handles. Also, if those a polished aluminum rims, then the "high polish" version would be a good choice. Nice looking truck, BTW.

Old 09-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Solid By Design
New User
Originally Posted by shorebird
Tylus, click the link, go to Fuel Doors, then pick a model and click details. They have black powder coated doors. They also say they can customize so how about a white powder coat?
Thanks shorebird. If you click on the "example" you'll pop up the Mr Norm door. However, our customizing is limited to lazer etching - the Mr Norm being an extreme example. That said, the price of lazering just one at a time would be prohibitive. The "custom" option is directed more to the "Ivan Stewart's" and "Mr. Norm's " - companies who wanted a signature piece to add to their accessory line.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:34 PM
metal83
Junior User
Hard to pass up for $30 ($36.99 shipped)! I just ordered the black powder coated cover, i'll post a pic once i get it.

Thanks for the link.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:30 PM
FTE Ken
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I can vouch for the quality of the products. I have the Roush branded version of the brushed aluminum fuel door and really like the look.

Old 10-02-2008, 09:06 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
Hummm! A laser etched fuel door eh. I wonder just what I would want on mine.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Solid By Design
New User
Originally Posted by shorebird
Hummm! A laser etched fuel door eh. I wonder just what I would want on mine.
Probably not this ...

... but it gives you an idea of what can be done.

Old 10-05-2008, 07:14 PM
ScubaSteve
Freshman User
Thumbs up

Those doors look SWEEET!! Just ordered one for my '08. Might have to get a spare if I like the look.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:55 AM
tooldad
Elder User
Hey Solid By Design,
Why would I want a two piece door verses a one piece. 'splain the difference please.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Tuishimi
Junior User
Originally Posted by tooldad
Hey Solid By Design,
Why would I want a two piece door verses a one piece. 'splain the difference please.
Looks like you cannot use the 2 piece (which looks much more robust) on the Super Crews... the 1 piece is just (by the look of it) a replacement part for the current fuel door.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:32 PM
shorebird
Hotshot
The two piece door actually has the door itself attached by a hinge pin to the outer ring that is clamped to the body of the bed. The one piece is slid on to the original hinge arm as a replacement for the OEM door. The one piece looks as if it has the outer ring as a separate piece but it all swings open just as the original door does.

Quick Reply: Fuel Doors by Solid By Design