2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine Light Code: p0182

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 09:37 PM
KrAzYKARL
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check Engine Light Code: p0182

This is the second time that i pulled the code P0182. on my 05 f150 the first time being a few months ago. the first time i cleared it and it hasn't come on until now, just after i installed an aftermarket exhaust. (maybe it is the cause?) I looked the code up and it said it was "fuel temperature sensor A circuit low input" ??? have no idea what the sensor does.

anyway i was wondering if anyone knew more information about it, thanks

Old 09-18-2008, 10:15 PM
FordTechnician
Freshman User
Hope this might help. Came from Ford PCED Manual.
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 border=1><CAPTION>P0182 - Fuel Temperature Sensor A Circuit Low Input </CAPTION><TBODY><TR><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle></TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle></TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle></TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle></TH><TH vAlign=bottom align=middle></TH></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left>Description:</TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left colSpan=4>The comprehensive component monitor (CCM) monitors the fuel temperature sensor circuit to the powertrain control module (PCM) for low voltage. If voltage falls below a calibrated limit for a calibrated amount of time during testing, the test fails.</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left>Possible Causes:</TD><TD style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none" vAlign=top align=left colSpan=4>
  • Short in the harness
  • VREF open or shorted
  • Low ambient temperature operation
  • Improper harness connection
  • Damaged fuel temperature sensor
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none" vAlign=top align=left>Diagnostic Aids:</TD><TD style="BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none" vAlign=top align=left colSpan=4>Verify the EFT/FRT-PID and VREF values to determine an open or short.</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" vAlign=top align=left>Application</TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: medium none" vAlign=top align=left> </TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Key On Engine Off</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Key On Engine Running</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>Continuous Memory</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" vAlign=top align=left>Fuel rail pressure temperature (FRPT) sensor</TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: medium none" vAlign=top align=left> </TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>GO to DD40 .</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>GO to DD40 .</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>GO to DD51 .</TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" vAlign=top align=left>Fuel rail pressure (FRP) and fuel rail temperature (FRT) sensors</TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: medium none" vAlign=top align=left> </TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>GO to DD15 .</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>GO to DD15 .</TD><TD vAlign=top align=middle>GO to DD51 .</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

DD51 CONTINUOUS MEMORY DTCS P0182 OR P0183: INTERMITTENT CHECK
  • Key ON, engine OFF. Note: The PID referred to below may read as EFT on some diagnostic tools.
  • Access the PCM and monitor the FRT V PID.
  • While observing the PID, carry out the following:
    • Tap on the sensor to simulate road shock.
    • Wiggle the sensor connector.
    • Wiggle, shake, and bend small sections of the wiring harness while working from the sensor to the PCM.
  • Check the FRT or FRPT and PCM connectors for damage and corrosion.
Is a fault present?
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="92%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TH width="50%">Yes </TH><TH width="50%">No </TH></TR><TR><TD width="50%">ISOLATE the fault and REPAIR as necessary. </TD><TD width="50%">DISREGARD the current diagnostic trouble code (DTC) at this time. DIAGNOSE the next DTC. GO to Section 4, Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Charts and Descriptions. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Old 09-19-2008, 12:42 AM
davebar
New User
I have the same issue

I got the same code and mt truck is stock. I called 3 ford parts stores and none of them know what the EFT is. I was told the EFT is only on Diesel trucks by one ford mechanic.

I am at a loss, cuz another ford truck mechanic says he has no idea what it is either.

LMK if you get anywhere with it

Dave

Old 09-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I know have the same things.....anyone ever figure out the problem?