General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

chem trails

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 01:52 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by omni
well you guys laugh,I'm no tinfoil hat guy, I'm one of those guys that has to see it to believe it, all I know is what I see, those trails left in the sky for hours aren't regular jet fuel, I've been on this earth for a while now, and haven't seen this before. I have no theroy what it is, but their spraying something. If there pulling something off, they'll definetly get by some of you guys no problem
So basically you have no idea about aircraft, never been around them nor know anyone in the field. You read a conspiracy theory and convince yourself it is true, or you wonder about something and happen to for some reason only beleive a conspriacy theory website.

The basis for your argumant is that since you do not know, and not one of us can actually prove (this would be an arumentum ad ignoratium), it must be chemtrails because your lack of knowledge of aircraft and the excitement of it being chemtrails convinces you to do so.

Old 09-11-2008, 01:59 PM
omni
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by andym
I love a good conspiracy just as much as the next guy. But since you believe this, let me ask you a few questions:

What chemical, exactly, is in these chem trails?

What purpose does that chemical serve?

If they're spraying it 30,000 feet above our heads, how effective is this chemical when it finally reaches the ground where we live? And how potent must it be at 30,000 feet in order to be effective here?

Who is perpetuating this scheme? What is their agenda?

And last but anything but least, where is the proof for any of this? Or is just conjecture?

If you an answer for any of these that isn't "uh... I dunno" I'd like to hear it.
If you read my post a little closer, I said their spraying (something), don't know what it is, all I know is there calling them (chem trails), just so we don't get confused here with the fact that you think I know what they are, apposed to me asking what they are, lets call them smoke trails. but I like your quizitive mind, you have great questions, I myself would like to know the answer too. thats why I posted this thread. Lets forget what they are for the moment, can anyone atleast agree that their spraying(SOMETHING?)and that this just isn't normal air traffic.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:02 PM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe we should test andy for hgh or any other performance enhancing substances,he shows way to much aggression on here lately

Old 09-11-2008, 02:10 PM
omni
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bf250
So basically you have no idea about aircraft, never been around them nor know anyone in the field. You read a conspiracy theory and convince yourself it is true, or you wonder about something and happen to for some reason only beleive a conspriacy theory website.

The basis for your argumant is that since you do not know, and not one of us can actually prove (this would be an arumentum ad ignoratium), it must be chemtrails because your lack of knowledge of aircraft and the excitement of it being chemtrails convinces you to do so.
you don't need to know anything, but what you see, and it starts there, then I try to use an open mind to figure out why, you seem to be the one jumping to conclusions, accusing me of believing all these conspriacys, Like i was laying out facts to you that I believe. At this point I don't believe anything other than what I am see to be different

Old 09-11-2008, 02:13 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
If you read my post a little closer, I said their spraying (something), don't know what it is, all I know is there calling them (chem trails), just so we don't get confused here with the fact that you think I know what they are, apposed to me asking what they are, lets call them smoke trails. but I like you quizitive mind, you have great questions, I myself would like to know the answer too. thats why I posted this thread. Lets forget what they are for the moment, can anyone atleast agree that their spraying(SOMETHING?)and that this just isn't normal air traffic.
No, they are not spraying anything. What even makes you think they are spraying anything? Because you do not know what a vapor trail is?

So, do the pilots know about it? Maintenance crew? Or is it something that is secret from them also and they never seem to ask what the spray equipment is?

Or is it in the fuel? So it happened that everyone in the world that is invovled in the production to consumption of the fuel is in on it also?

Old 09-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Kep4
Jäger
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
can anyone atleast agree that their spraying(SOMETHING?)and that this just isn't normal air traffic.
Post #15, second link. It's normal air traffic.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:23 PM
omni
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by bf250
No, they are not spraying anything. What even makes you think they are spraying anything? Because you do not know what a vapor trail is?

So, do the pilots know about it? Maintenance crew? Or is it something that is secret from them also and they never seem to ask what the spray equipment is?

Or is it in the fuel? So it happened that everyone in the world that is invovled in the production to consumption of the fuel is in on it also?
You have great questions also, that I would like to know the answer too, your starting to think out side the box, I like that, you don't have to be an expert on a topic to ask questions, thats all I'm doing, you only know what you believe to be jet fuel, so you think theres no other possibilties, thats a closed minded person to me.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:28 PM
Rockstone
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's my theory; It's graffiti artists on lawn chairs with many, many weather balloons hired by........ ah never mind.

Old 09-11-2008, 02:29 PM
omni
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Kepler4
Post #15, second link. It's normal air traffic.
Now that you tell me its normal airtraffic, I need not question it anymore, I will go with rockstones theroy LOL!!

Old 09-11-2008, 03:21 PM
BradyCouchman
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
if some of it stays up longer it could have to do with weither conditions...temp humitity, wind.....but most jets leave some kind of trail behind them....i mean i can look out my window and SEE it, but i dont think it is anything else but a byproduct of air traffic....but it would be cool if it was something more evil...

Old 09-11-2008, 03:33 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
You have great questions also, that I would like to know the answer too, your starting to think out side the box, I like that, you don't have to be an expert on a topic to ask questions, thats all I'm doing, you only know what you believe to be jet fuel, so you think theres no other possibilties, thats a closed minded person to me.
No, its not outside the box. It is really common sense questions and my knowledge of aircraft come from interest in a hobby sense and working on an airbase for a year.

Maybe there will be some Airforce or civilian air people that will chime in with more technical knowledge.

But there is nothing that sprays out of the aircraft that the pilot or maintenance crew would not know about. There is nothing put into the fuel that the maintenance crew would not know about.

I concentrate on the fuel because that is what the orginal conspiracy stated and that would be the only way to sneak some sort of chemical in without the general knowledge to the pilot. But even then, through inspections of both the fuel and aircraft, the substance would be detected.

Put all of that to the number of people and governments world wide that are involved in aircraft operations, the conspiracy really has no foundation.

And I will say again, just because you lack knowledge does not mean what you concluded is true or even a possibility. It just means you do not know so you came to a conclusion yourself based on what you you eprceive as factual knowledge but what everyone else perceives of false knowledge with no factual basis or evidence to support.

Too add, this would have to be a world wide conspiracy that would incorporate dozens of aircraft fuel manufactors and hundreds of distributors.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:49 PM
freirefishing
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did someone mention something about packing bowls

Old 09-11-2008, 06:49 PM
CretePumper
Senior User
Not sure what the deal is, but the nicely planned grid I witnessed today here seems more than normal air traffic, I understand VOR navigation and Radial and Reciprocals and got a fair handle on Transition waypoints and Intersecting Radials \ fix enroute for Low and HI airways for this whole area pretty good and today seemed odd ...

I'm curious to know why two aircraft flying in around the same FL flight levels can have considerable difference in vapor trails 1 being only a few miles behind the aircraft and another with a trail clean across the sky for as far as the eye can see that takes a longtime to dissipate ..... perhaps different fuels and different ALT but there isn't all that much separation on FL eastbound or west bound or same direction not sure what the reason for this is but am curious

Old 09-11-2008, 08:13 PM
wkett
Junior User
Like this?

Read this web page. You will have to scroll down about 1/3 of the way to where it says "Look! Up in the sky!"

Eject! Eject! Eject!: SEEING THE UNSEEN, Part 2

Old 09-12-2008, 12:27 AM
omni
Posting Guru
If there is no conspircy, lets go with that, than if it is high-bypass turbofans,I can go with that too, but I do think this is wrong aswell, any jet exhaust that hangs in the air for hours than dissipates into a complete hazed over sky is not alright by me, I do enjoy a sunny sky how about you? Oh and thanks cretepumper for your post I was drowning out here,I observed what you said aswell, I have no answers, but find it to be odd that any jet can leave such a lingering vapor that hangs in the sky for hours, when a different jet in the same sky at the same time has a vapor trail that is gone in minutes, just makes me go huummm that seems strange.

Quick Reply: chem trails