2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad Gas?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 05:06 PM
bigdaddyII
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad Gas?

Here's the situation. We went to San Antonio to run from Gustav, despite getting thrown up on and keyed, the truck ran great the whole way there and back. Came home to check things out, everything ok but no electricity so went to hotel in Mississippi till power comes back on. Halfway home the wife unit calls me (I was following in my car) and tells me that CEL is on and truck is acting funny. We pull over and switch spots, so I am now driving truck. When trying to accelerate fast truck surges, matter of fact it surges anywhere around 3k RPM. When we got back home I took it to Advance Auto to have codes read and cleared. Out of 6 codes, 4 were the O2 sensors, all of them, and 2 was a sensor on the fuel rail. Code is cleared so I take off, truck seems to be acting okay until about 4 miles down the road than starts surging again but no CEL, only 1/4 tank of gas left so I fill up with potent grade gas and truck acts 95% better almost immediatly. Drove around for about 40 more miles and now CEL is back on and it is still surging but not as bad. Last place I got gas was at a hole in the wall Shell in Lafayette that I was leary about to start with but when thats all thats open you take what you can get at 0530 in the morning. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Truck is 2005 Supercrew with 4.6 liter, 78,000 miles.