1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Bumpsides Ford Truck

Need Timing help for F-100

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 12:25 PM
bmass
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Timing help for F-100

rebuilding 1965 F-100 300 engine with 480 cam can anyone help me find some specs for this?ThanksBill in Dallas

Old 08-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Freightrain
Lead Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ok, you've got yourself a 6cyl and putting a .48 lift cam in it? Ok, nothing too excessive there. What do want to know about the timing? Advance or retard the cam? Or timing the distributor after it's running?

Welcome to FTE.

If you want specific information about your engine, there is a spot on this board for just that. Go down the list to the engine forums and find the 6cyl board. Those guys will be more likely to be familiar with your set up. We'll try to help here too.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:13 PM
PerfDistIgnition
FTE Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bmass
rebuilding 1965 F-100 300 engine with 480 cam can anyone help me find some specs for this?ThanksBill in Dallas
We can build you a custom curved distributor for your 300 engine.

If you decide to get a new distributor, consider our custom curved Duraspark Distributor built with our new Full Length Oil Impregnated Bronze Bushing. The full length bushing improves timing stability and spark scatter. If stock appearance is not an issue, take a look at our one piece D.U.I. Distributor. Whether you choose the Duraspark or the D.U.I., we curve each on a distributor machine based on your engine combination. Please see them at:

http://www.performancedistributors.com/forddistributors.htm
Also, there is now an excellent installation article on the D.U.I. Distributor on the Ford-Trucks.com site at:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/article/idx/0/358/article/DUI_Ignition_Installation_In_A_Ford_351W_V8.html