General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Email problem help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 10:48 PM
herman391
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Email problem help!!

So my mom is having a problem when trying to email things. She is on "mail.com", and everytime she tries to send an email, she gets an email in return saying that her email was "undeliverable and could not be sent". I'm thinking that maybe it's some kind of spam or virus. But I can't run a virus check or spyware remover on her computer right now. Anybody got any ideas in the mean time?

Old 08-10-2008, 10:53 PM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Well, when you find out let me know. I have yahoo.com and it said the same thing for about 1-2 weeks now.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:55 PM
donjamer
Received 63 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by herman391
So my mom is having a problem when trying to email things. She is on "mail.com", and everytime she tries to send an email, she gets an email in return saying that her email was "undeliverable and could not be sent". I'm thinking that maybe it's some kind of spam or virus. But I can't run a virus check or spyware remover on her computer right now. Anybody got any ideas in the mean time?
Is it just one email or many to different people..

Most of the time an email is undeliverable, because the email address was entered incorrectly..

Also if your email account was compromised the ISP may be blocking your email.. Have you contacted them?

This happened to a customer of mine who has comcast.. Everything was set fine and had been working.. It wasn't until i contacted Comcast that I found out about the block..

Old 08-10-2008, 10:59 PM
herman391
Posting Guru
Michelle, are your email's getting delivered or are they actually being blocked?

Don, as far as I know it's happening with all emails. No the email's aren't being typed in wrong, that was my first thought too. How would an email adress become "compromised"? Wouldn't the ISP be blocking my all of my email's as well since we're on the same network and sharing an internet connection?

Old 08-10-2008, 11:07 PM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
I get the emails from people but if I send them one it is undeliverable. But also it said in a couple of them that they were virus when I send them. But today I can email only yahoo people. Everyone else is still virus or undeliverable. But before all this started, I could email everyone. I did a virus scan and had norton do a full scan and nothing.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:36 PM
donjamer
Michelle, are your email's getting delivered or are they actually being blocked?

Don, as far as I know it's happening with all emails. No the email's aren't being typed in wrong, that was my first thought too. How would an email adress become "compromised"? Wouldn't the ISP be blocking my all of my email's as well since we're on the same network and sharing an internet connection?
The ISP will only block and email account if they suspect it has been sending spam so yours would be fine..

I am not sure how well Mail.com or yahoo scan their email accounts for spam.

Also are you using the online email client or are you using outlook express to access the mail?

Old 08-10-2008, 11:39 PM
donjamer
Originally Posted by MichelleF-250
I get the emails from people but if I send them one it is undeliverable. But also it said in a couple of them that they were virus when I send them. But today I can email only yahoo people. Everyone else is still virus or undeliverable. But before all this started, I could email everyone. I did a virus scan and had norton do a full scan and nothing.
Michelle, are you using the online email client or outlook express??

Old 08-10-2008, 11:40 PM
MichelleF-250
Lead Driver
I do not use outlook express.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:43 PM
herman391
Posting Guru
Don, she's using the online client. I'm not sure how mail.com scans their emails either, obviously not very well. She only sends maybe 5 emails total a week, hardly enough to get noticed by the filters I would think.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:45 PM
donjamer
Originally Posted by MichelleF-250
I do not use outlook express.
If yo are using the online yahoo.com email client then there are no settings for you to change.. Everything is done right from Yahoo's server..

You can check on your account, but I think you will have to contact Yahoo to see if there is a block or other problem..

Old 08-10-2008, 11:54 PM
donjamer
Don, she's using the online client. I'm not sure how mail.com scans their emails either, obviously not very well. She only sends maybe 5 emails total a week, hardly enough to get noticed by the filters I would think.
There really is no settings then that you can check on.. If she was using oulook express there is a check box that may have been changed..

I would say you will have to contact mail.com for this one.. Either they made a change or are having problems...

The problem with the free email client is they are hard to contact for support.

All I can say is make sure the addresses are correct and contact the ISP..

I don't know how many times I have asked people if the address was correct and they say "OH Yes it is".. Then after some troubleshooting I find the address was wrong.. It doesn't take much for the server to think it's wrong..

It could be caused by using a comma instead of a period..

Old 08-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
I have been having trouble with my e-mail for about a week and a half. I have yahoo and the first thing I noticed was that I could get e-mail from my sister in In. who first started with hotmail but I could not send back, as in about 5 minutes or less I was posted with mail undeliverable. She has just got online for the first time a week or so back, she added yahoo to her system and tried again, I could receive could not send.
In looking into this it say's my e-mail has a spam look or something like that and would not be accepted, dialed into yahoo to troubleshoot found while in there that others had already submitted the very same concern also checked it 6 day ago and still no answer. At this point I feel as though I would have better luck pushing a log chain uphill so after the second day and me not being of the calmn in nature at times added livemail to my system and have had no problem since.
I still use yahoo as FTE still sends to my e-mail OK and have been able to get back in on the links. I have some local yahoo contacts will try them soon but one shows chat available when they are on line at the same time with me.
Got out of hand with this but I' am a little hot under the coller yet.

My two concerns at this point:
- After breakup last spring between yahoo and Microsoft what next? dirty deals?
- It seems like my troubles started after August Maliceous Code Update.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:09 AM
donjamer
Originally Posted by Orin Martin
My two concerns at this point:
- After breakup last spring between yahoo and Microsoft what next? dirty deals?
- It seems like my troubles started after August Maliceous Code Update.
Anything is possible.. Microshat is notorious for screwing up computers with their so called updates..

Old 08-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
I tried to keep things down but I' am tired, this e-mail thing has not been fixed yet, and then tonight I find someone else has troubles too and now even though it will do me no good I'am $%^&!
Below is what I receive when I try to send to Hotmail:
(MAILER-DAEMON@n3.bt) Then I open the link and:

(Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

Remote host said: 550 SC-001 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons.
Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation problems.
If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet)

These stupid computers are supposed to save time and make our lives better, so far all I see that they do the best is waste time. Iam not trying to rip and tear here but I would love to have a dime for every minute a I waist on these dang things, I would be wealthy.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Orin Martin
Posting Guru
I tried to keep things down but I' am tired, this e-mail thing has not been fixed yet, and then tonight I find someone else has troubles too and now even though it will do me no good I'am $%^&!

Below is what I receive when I try to send to Hotmail:

(MAILER-DAEMON@n3.bt) Then I open the link and:

(Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

Remote host said: 550 SC-001 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons.

Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation problems.

If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet)

These stupid computers are supposed to save time and make our lives better, so far all I see that they do the best is waste time. Iam not trying to rip and tear here but I would love to have a dime for every minute a I waist on these dang things, I would be wealthy

Quick Reply: Email problem help!!