Sponsored by: Moser

New Dodge Ram????

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 12:23 PM
ArtsBest
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Dodge Ram????

I don't know how the Dodge Ram can be a success if Chrysler is NO longer around.

Fitch rating this AM announced their downgrade of Chryslers credit rating to a level two notches above default. Citing the automakers struggles to finance its ongoing operations by 2nd half of next year.

Old 07-29-2008, 06:47 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,242 Likes on 816 Posts
Originally Posted by ArtsBest
I don't know how the Dodge Ram can be a success if Chrysler is NO longer around.

Fitch rating this AM announced their downgrade of Chryslers credit rating to a level two notches above default. Citing the automakers struggles to finance its ongoing operations by 2nd half of next year.
I would hate to see any of the auto makers go belly up at anytime. Not only does it mean thousands of displaced hard working Americans, Ford also NEEDS the competition in order to strive for excellence in overall quality and working stiff affordability.

Tim

Old 07-29-2008, 06:55 PM
tjthegreat
Elder User
wat hapened 2 chrysler???

Old 07-30-2008, 05:57 PM
Svets96
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had to see any of the big three go belly up to. As stated I know chrylser is suspending leasing. Don't know if government will keep bailing them out or not. Every year it is more and more negative for the auto industry. If corporate and individual greed didn't get out of hand like it had everything would be alot stronger with the ability to advanced. Alot has to do with this war/oil.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Frd67cobra
Senior User
Although I'm a Ford man, there have been a number of Mopars I've admired through the years, and they've built some mighty stout motors, showing taillights to many a Ford. We need the domestic competition, and Chrysler employees need their jobs. The new Ram looks good, and that bad *** looking Challenger deserves a chance against the Mustang.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:12 PM
tjthegreat
Elder User
dodge has had some pretty good engines.my dad had a slant six u could beat that thing without havin any oil in it...that motor was tough

Old 07-30-2008, 07:56 PM
tcesni
Elder User
Unfortunately, Chrysler is more than 70% dependent on trucks (including minivans, SUVs) and the truck market has gone south. Plus, probably close to half of their car sales are to rental agencies. Chrysler hasn't had a decent new model since the 300 and they let the PT Cruiser die on the vine with no improvements.

The final nail in Chrysler's coffin is that they don't have any meaningful business outside of North America. The only thing keeping GM and F going are their sales outside the U.S.
Chrysler may be doomed.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:52 AM
ArtsBest
Elder User
The last post is most correct. Chrysler will sell off the Jeep line first then really cut to the bone. But it won't be enough for international sales and small cars here are the "special of the day" and Chrysler is DOA on both of these fronts. Which means they will indeed fall off the vine. Very smart and informative posts here even though the end result will be very catastrophic for ALL Chrysler workers.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:45 AM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
There is a Nissan built econobox coming soon for Dodge. Also, the new Nissan trucks will be built by Dodge. This will surely help Dodge out some.

I hope that all of the big 3 can survive. The economy is terrible right now.

Old 08-01-2008, 04:14 PM
tseekins
Super Moderator
Received 1,242 Likes on 816 Posts
Originally Posted by ArtsBest
The last post is most correct. Chrysler will sell off the Jeep line first then really cut to the bone. But it won't be enough for international sales and small cars here are the "special of the day" and Chrysler is DOA on both of these fronts. Which means they will indeed fall off the vine. Very smart and informative posts here even though the end result will be very catastrophic for ALL Chrysler workers.
Well said. The US auto market is like blood in the water for the two major players in India. Mahindra and Tata motors. If they were to have any urges to sell Jeep, now is the time before GM pares off Hummer.

Chrysler has some of the most appealing cars and trucks on the road today. Likewise their MPG numbers are improving and they have some very stout engines, but, if overall quality is lacking...

Tim

Old 08-01-2008, 05:08 PM
LxMan1

I think that overall quality of all 3 US auto makers have improved a great deal in the last 10 years. We can thank the imports like Toyota for this, since for years, their products were much more dependable than ours. But now it is pretty much a level playing field as far as quality goes.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:10 AM
ArtsBest
Elder User
Lxman

I agree with you for the most part but the Camry is w/o a doubt the best bang for one's buck. My wife has an 09'. It's a great car.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:43 AM
LxMan1

Non-union production. They are fair to their workers and pay good here in Ky. where they are built, but do not overpay due to the union's strong arm tactics. Keeps overall prices more competitive.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:21 AM
excaliber551
Elder User
I doubt the Government is going to let any of the BIG 3 go bankrupt. They'll come swooping in to bail them out.
If they let any of the BIG 3 go under the economy would fall into recession.

If they will bail out people who bought themselves into bad home loans they'll surely help the auto industry.

Have you seen the prices on th new Dodge trucks?

Our local dealer is offering 50% of MSRP on his remaining 30 trucks in stock.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:58 AM
ZonaNavyStar
Senior User
I will say first, that I am not an economist of any sort, I'm an engineer, but upon observation and informal research into the history of this business, it kinda leads me to a stream of thought: Why should the government bail out a corporation like Chrysler. If their business model is so broken that it's unprofitable, while should the government spend billions to allow them to continue what they were doing? I understand the hardship that would fall upon the workers, and that is tragic yes. If a corporation like chrysler was allowed to go belly up, proving that their individual business model (for the most part) was unseccessful, then no one would attempt to follow it. New and innovative ways to run an auto manufacturing business would be developed simply from competition and a market vacum. I kinda compare this to when the airlines have been (and will prolly continue to be bailed out) where it should be painfully obvious that the old wheel and spoke system is not at all profitable (American, Delta, etc...). And newer more innovative business models have become very profitable (southwest). Everyone heard of JetBlue? Jetblue would have made a huge dent in the market (bigger than now) if the larger carriers weren't aided by the goverment. I digress... back to the auto manufacturers. A lot of reasons why the american based companies are having such a harder time right now with sales down, is an older business model, one that is very different than the asian companies. Something to think about.

Quick Reply: New Dodge Ram????