General Automotive Discussion

changing year of truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 12:02 PM
monckywrench
Cargo Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
It's so easy and cheap to redo these trucks that buying a good older one for the cab and frame, then cleaning those up and swapping everything else over should be considered a convenient way to upgrade them. (Been there, done that.)

Old 08-02-2008, 10:31 AM
RDON
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry everone. I didn't mean to stir the pot, But if you don't ask how can you find out.
Not sure but isn't that the purpos of the form to discuss a topic
By the way the vin plat on my truck is NOT matel. It is paper with some kind of hard plastic tap over it.
Again SORRY
Don

Old 08-02-2008, 02:20 PM
wendell borror
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought ford trucks had a metal I.D tag on the dash board right where the wind sheild meets the dash and if so, it's pop riveted on, one on each side. As far as any paper ones in the door jams, they can be pained over. I'm going to shut up before I make a carrer criminal out of you ha ha. Before I get pulled before judge Judy, you could find a nice 74 body and swap your stuff over on it, In Cally, nice bodies should be a dime a dozen, besides the ones on the beach. If I lived closer to you, I would show you how to make your 77 a 74, but I don't want to get you in trouble. It sucks you know, Cally use to be the land of the hot rod, now it's the land of the ****'s.