pre powerstroke wvo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 05:18 PM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,897 Likes on 1,145 Posts
BTW, your truck will 'start and run just fine' even on straight, cold VO. Jus not for long.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:40 AM
FN74
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tabascom16
And what make the "quality" of their system so worth the horrific price tag? It is a huge amount to pay for some fancy fuel tank and some little logic controller doing things that you can do with some toggle switches. You are still feeding the same WVO either way through some solenoid valves and a heater of some sort. I could buy all over the counter parts to do it. I am not worried about the system I created..just the long term effects of using WVO in the engine and no system is any better than the other solving the fuel itself. The important things with WVO would be to filter it out good and probably heat it up good to bring the viscosity down. How it gets done and delivered makes no difference.
Sky has this pretty nailed down. However PLEASE do follow through with your thoughts and theory's. I can tell you from first hand experiance that what you just posted is EXACTLY how the uber expensive Vegistroke came about. And I can tell you that the 7.3 is about as forgiving of an engine that you will find for experimenting with WVO. That is NOT the case for the 6.0 though. The more mechanical apptitude and patience you have, the cheaper you can go. But once you figure out which pumps work, and which ones will fail, how to automate it so someone else without a PHD can drive it, how to make sure that if a flter plugs you don't find yourself along side the road blowing out the plugged up filter(been ther done that) you will spend AT LEAST 4 times the amount of money and time you thought you would. Then there is the little stuff like fit and finish, and is your truck serviceable. For example, I was in San Diego about to leave for Kuwait when my wife calls and tells me that the truck left her stranded and no mechanics will touch it because of all the crap in the engine bay. In the end, all I am saying is that the Vegistroke was product of a real person, in the real world, with a real truck. Not by some business man trying to get rich by suckering poor unsuspecting souls. If you have the motivation, and think you can do it better cheaper, I honestly encourage you to. That's how I started. Cheers!