Sponsored by:

44's on a TTB D44

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 11:15 PM
straightsix4x4
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kjett
I know the older rangers/exploreres had a funky auto hub that slipped over the spindle and was only held on by the wheel when it was bolted on. Not sure on the newer generation. You got a haynes/chiltons manual?
newer gen is completely different, independant front end. they have unit bearings. those are pretty self explainitory. For ball joints, pop the tie rod ends, remove the caliper and remove the axle nut from the center of the unit bearing. remove the ball joint nuts, and separate the ball joints. the steering nuckle, unit bearing and disc all come off as one piece leaving the ball joints in the a arms, you then press them out and install the new ones.

Old 07-23-2008, 12:51 AM
texastech_diesel
Token Redneck

Received 102 Likes on 55 Posts
Is Nick's build on Pirate?

Looks like he won't be around here to tell us anymore details. Might as well delete it out of the tech folder, with all the 'naughty' things that got discussed in there.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:21 AM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its on pro's site. Look for him on pirate and you can find it through there.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:37 AM
fishmanndotcom
Lead Driver
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Ronin4x4
A repeat of history. Stuff being swept under the carpet again. Leaders of the board being dissapeared. thats about it, you know, the usual.
*sigh* geez!

this is the fourth time i have seen this happen (although not all in the offroad section)

-cutts-

Old 07-23-2008, 05:44 AM
kjett
Post Fiend
Paul,

I like the updated sig pic! Nice trio.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:31 AM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Lets put this in perspective guys - I am willing to discuss this in the open.

1. A person got their access removed for 3 days, due to a number of concerns raised. I am not here to disparage Kris, I really like the guy, but I think he would even admit (or prehaps be proud of ) the desire to push the rules of FTE. I know most of you here would consider him a friend, and thats fine - but rules are rules
2. A few peoples signatures got edited.

I am not going to twist anyones arm to stay, or do anything else you want to do - its all your choice, I will say I will miss you if you all walk out the door.
But I do ask - do those above 2 things mean the sky is falling?

Your thoughts would be appreciated,
Fredrian

Old 07-23-2008, 11:54 AM
ibleedblue1385
Posting Guru
Its childish.

edit there sigs?

ban for 3 days for what?

Old 07-23-2008, 12:26 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by IB Adrian
Lets put this in perspective guys - I am willing to discuss this in the open.

1. A person got their access removed for 3 days, due to a number of concerns raised. I am not here to disparage Kris, I really like the guy, but I think he would even admit (or prehaps be proud of ) the desire to push the rules of FTE. I know most of you here would consider him a friend, and thats fine - but rules are rules
2. A few peoples signatures got edited.

I am not going to twist anyones arm to stay, or do anything else you want to do - its all your choice, I will say I will miss you if you all walk out the door.
But I do ask - do those above 2 things mean the sky is falling?

Your thoughts would be appreciated,
Fredrian
Adrian,

I was trying to keep this discussion quiet as per the rules, but since you've invited this to be a public discussion, here goes. As we I inquired about in our PM's, I'm still unclear as to why we had out signatures edited. Was it so bad to acknowledge that we were a small group of friends? I can understand the "rules are rules" part with respect to insults and language, it's one of the main reasons why I post here and not on Pirate. My small children usually sit with me in the evening and I don't want to have to worry about them reading fowl language. But do the "Minions" as a whole have such a bad reputation on the entire board that we were singled out as a group? How often does the admin edit other peoples (besides the "STG's Minions" group) signatures to remove items?

Old 07-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Tre-E_Ford
Senior User
Adrian,

I was trying to keep this discussion quiet as per the rules, but since you've invited this to be a public discussion, here goes. As we I inquired about in our PM's, I'm still unclear as to why we had out signatures edited. Was it so bad to acknowledge that we were a small group of friends? I can understand the "rules are rules" part with respect to insults and language, it's one of the main reasons why I post here and not on Pirate. My small children usually sit with me in the evening and I don't want to have to worry about them reading fowl language. But do the "Minions" as a whole have such a bad reputation on the entire board that we were singled out as a group? How often does the admin edit other peoples (besides the "" group) signatures to remove items?
I agree with Karl, Adrian. Are we collectively as a group that bad. most of us try pretty hard to keep it PG (i know I do). I don't think part of our sigs should have been deleted, just because we're a group of guys who think alike. I don't appreciate the fact that it was deleted for no reason. That's just my .02

Alex

Old 07-23-2008, 12:50 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
Paul,

I like the updated sig pic! Nice trio.
Thanks. Unfortunately the mustang may be going back. Previous owner doesn't seem too interested in clearing up the issues with the title, so it looks like I'm going to have to get my money back.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:00 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Well if your looking for a good daily driver, I've got a good deal on my 2000 taurus SES. It's got the sport motor (24v 3.0L V6) with the touring suspension. All leather interior. Gotta sell it to finish paying for the ranger.

Old 07-23-2008, 01:54 PM
captain p4
Post Fiend
lol, I'm good on the taurus. Mustang is just a toy, superduty is the daily

Old 07-23-2008, 04:15 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
My wife used to have a tarus ses. It was pretty quick.

As far as everything else I am not getting into a pissing contest with anyone. I will continue to be around. I have checked out a lot of other boards and besides one atv forum I like FTE the best. But....I know where Kris and Nick are at.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:56 PM
kjett
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by captain p4
lol, I'm good on the taurus. Mustang is just a toy, superduty is the daily
Originally Posted by rbloodhound
My wife used to have a tarus ses. It was pretty quick.
Come on man, it's pretty fast for a sedan. Like I said before, it's the sport motor with the touring suspension. I have done a little stop light drag racing with it against a few mustangs and have come out on top! So don't let the sizew fool you.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:02 PM
ibleedblue1385
Posting Guru
Come on man, it's pretty fast for a sedan. Like I said before, it's the sport motor with the touring suspension. I have done a little stop light drag racing with it against a few mustangs and have come out on top! So don't let the sizew fool you.

4 cylinder mustangs?

Quick Reply: 44's on a TTB D44