Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel filter question

Old 06-12-2008, 12:16 PM
superduty4x4
Post Fiend
superduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud of
Fuel filter question

Are there certain brands that should be avoided? I found on Ebay a person selling 3 filters for $26 which seems like a real bargain, but if someone knows something I don't I'd hate to waste my money on junk filters.

(3) FORD 7.3 TURBO DIESEL POWERSTROKE FUEL FILTERS

Old 06-12-2008, 12:21 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant future
I wouldn't trust an ebay seller on something like a fuel filter, especially since they don't even list what brand it is! I did alot of research about these, and here's what I came up with, and the price is great, and FAST shipping! I ordered a couple at a time for a break on shipping CLICK-----> RACOR - FUEL FILTER ('99-'03 FORD 7.3L)-Dodge Cummins and Ford Power Stroke Diesel Truck Accessories - Geno's Garage

Old 06-12-2008, 07:47 PM
superduty4x4
Post Fiend
superduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud of
Thanks for the info and link Travis. I thought the Ebay deal sounded a little suspicious so I'm glad I asked.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:32 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
UP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant futureUP_There has a brilliant future
The ones that are on that link are the drop-in style. You gotta keep your lid from before. I can't recall which brand recently made the change, but somebody posted on here that their particular brand of fuel filter started using the lid that is fixed to the filter. Either will work.....as long as you save the lid for future use!

Old 06-12-2008, 11:46 PM
superduty4x4
Post Fiend
I'm aware of the lid vs. no lid thing, luckily right now I have a lid-less filter so if I end up getting one with a built-in lid I can keep the one I have. I do wish it had the recess in it for a ratchet, but the one time I took it off it came loose without much problem.

Old 06-13-2008, 07:58 AM
indebt
Posting Guru
indebt has a very good reputation on FTE.indebt has a very good reputation on FTE.indebt has a very good reputation on FTE.
Fwiw I Use Those Ebay Filters, And Have Been For Almost 2yrs Now Without Any Issues. I Run Them For 10k Mile Intervals

Old 06-13-2008, 07:40 PM
jdecker88
Post Fiend
jdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to beholdjdecker88 is a splendid one to behold
I am not familiar with the deal on the Drop in fuel filters with no cap, don't have have to modify your exisiting cap? I am about to order me some Racor's off of Geno's just like to know what I have to do.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:25 PM
danskool
Go Bills !
danskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to beholddanskool is a splendid one to behold
jdecker88
Filters that come with lids. Examples:
eBay Motors: FORD 7.3 POWERSTROKE F250 F350 DIESEL FUEL FILTER w/CAP (item 260250168029 end time Jun-17-08 16:40:34 PDT)

Filters that don't come with lids. (have to reuse your original lid)
RACOR - FUEL FILTER ('99-'03 FORD 7.3L)-Dodge Cummins and Ford Power Stroke Diesel Truck Accessories - Geno's Garage

eBay Motors: (3) FORD 7.3 TURBO DIESEL POWERSTROKE FUEL FILTERS (item 260250139364 end time Jun-17-08 14:46:31 PDT)

Depends on what you have. From what i read here about the "drop in", you are unable to get the lids off to be reuse on a lidless filter. Unless you have the stock lid laying around on a shelf somewhere.

Old 06-13-2008, 09:30 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
F350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by jdecker88 View Post
I am not familiar with the deal on the Drop in fuel filters with no cap, don't have have to modify your exisiting cap? I am about to order me some Racor's off of Geno's just like to know what I have to do.
Dan linked to some good photos there. The racor filters from geno's are the ones you unscrew your cap, replace the filter and o-rings, and screw the cap back on.

The other kind you unscrew the filter, throw the cap and filter in the trash, put a new filter and cap back in. The filter is glued to the lid so the whole thing is garbage when you're done with it.

Old 06-13-2008, 11:15 PM
UP_There
Post Fiend
the ones with no lids are cheaper too

Old 06-14-2008, 05:53 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
ron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud ofron's power stroke has much to be proud of
i have the stock lid with a drop in filter..i only hand tight the thing so i can take it off by hand if i need to take it off side the road....8 filters later and i have never had a cover leak..i have heard that some of them filter's with a built in cap can be a pain in the azz to keep from leaking.......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.