1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

why?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 09:18 PM
slowdown
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why?

So what is up? I'm a newbie and I try posting stuff and it don't work it flips over to the log in page, and I loose every thing I try to summit, I got a 51 mercury M3, what else do I need a secret decoder ring or something?

Old 06-09-2008, 09:22 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 610 Likes on 379 Posts
You have to have a certain number of posts to be able to put pics in threads. You can build a gallery right away, AFAIK.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:35 PM
slowdown
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well that worked,strange hello

so I picked up a 51 M3 last mo thats in very bad shape, I plan on making it in to a crush pile cruiser, rat rod, low buck ride. That will looks good enough to drive with no paper bag over ones head.

what I got now is a narrowed 88 Lincoln town car frame, that I chopped and modified to mount the 51 M3 on. I believe it should ride nice and convert over to air Bags easy. the rear end is a 8.8 coil over 4 link. for a engine I'm using a 91 GT 5.0l and a t/5, I hope to use the Lincolns efi set-up with a 87 mustangs ecm so I can run a 95 mustangs T5.

right now I got the truck in ruff fitting stages, and the ride hight should be about 8" , with the head light at about née level. and the top of the front fender sits at about 31" we will see how it works out and I post some pic once I get it fitted a little cleaner.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:50 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another confirmed Darksider...

Originally Posted by slowdown
well that worked,strange hello

so I picked up a 51 M3 last mo thats in very bad shape, I plan on making it in to a crush pile cruiser, rat rod, low buck ride. That will looks good enough to drive with no paper bag over ones head.
Welcome Slowdown,
The force grows stronger with every Darksider that joins. Can't wait to see your pictures start showing up in your gallery. We Darksiders need to stick together. Bring in as many converts as you can.

Later Man...

Old 06-10-2008, 01:33 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by dave boley
Welcome Slowdown,
The force grows stronger with every Darksider that joins. Can't wait to see your pictures start showing up in your gallery. We Darksiders need to stick together. Bring in as many converts as you can.

Later Man...
Oh David, what are we going to do with you and these nice new people...Pretty soon you'll start offereing cookies.

That's ok, we all really know you're just a Bush Hatin,' flaming liberal, hillbilly from SE Ohio who keeps his wife in a seat upholstery sweat shop with no windows!

(For the rest of you, that's a little joke between me and Dave)!

Tee hee hee - Behave Dave & lets have some fun

Juuuuullllliiiieeeeee!!!!!!!!

PS Welcome Slowdown, as you may have guessed, there are a lot of characters here! Little do you know but you will!

Old 06-10-2008, 10:28 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1
Oh David, what are we going to do with you and these nice new people...Pretty soon you'll start offereing cookies.

That's ok, we all really know you're just a Bush Hatin,' flaming liberal, hillbilly from SE Ohio who keeps his wife in a seat upholstery sweat shop with no windows!

(For the rest of you, that's a little joke between me and Dave)!

Tee hee hee - Behave Dave & lets have some fun

Juuuuullllliiiieeeeee!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I got cookies... But the hate thing is way off. I just think he's an idiot. So far as the hate thing is concerned, that takes a lot of time and energy that I just don't have, and the last thing I want to do is waste it on that Bozo. Hillbillys ,,, Not me, I'm just surrounded by 'em. In a perverse sort of way they are fun to watch though. They keep doing the same stupid things over and over. Go figure...

The wife says the no window part is not so bad but being chained to the work table is tough when it's time to answer nature's call. Hey, I just bought new lighting for her cell, whoops, I meant work area.

BEHAVE !!! Now you have gone too far. Me thinks thou dost expect too much. Be reasonable...

OK, that's enough. I gotta go haul stuff to the junkyard to make room for new junk.

Later...

Old 06-10-2008, 11:46 AM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love the darkside stuff. The more of it there is, the more special we stock-kinda vehicles become. So, keep on choppin', lowern', and customizn'. Welcome Slowdown, Jag

Old 06-10-2008, 02:09 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Jag Red 54
I love the darkside stuff. The more of it there is, the more special we stock-kinda vehicles become. So, keep on choppin', lowern', and customizn'. Welcome Slowdown, Jag
If I ever get one that is too good to go Darkside on I probably would restore it. So far the stuff I get would be more of a replica than restore if I went the stock route. In the case of my '53, some hack has already done way too much damage.

Later Man

Old 06-10-2008, 07:42 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
Welcome to the forum Slowdown. As you can see darksiders are abundant around here, so you shouldn't feel like your doing something blasphemus by cutting up a Mercury and putting it on a Town Car frame. That said, for every darksider, there has to be a lightsider in order to balance "The Force" That would be me.

BTW, you want to find an A9L ecm for your engine and trans combo. That would be a mass-air and manual trans computer. You can use an A9P ecm with a T5, just not vice versa (A9L with an aod)

Old 06-10-2008, 07:48 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Hey Havi,
I saw a half ton IH circa 54 that would look good in your collection today.

Later Man...

Old 06-10-2008, 08:08 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
A co-worker just sold one in great shape and with front disc brakes, for $600. I wanted it, but medical bills have piled up.

Old 06-10-2008, 09:53 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by havi
A co-worker just sold one in great shape and with front disc brakes, for $600. I wanted it, but medical bills have piled up.
Don't you just hate it when you gotta spend your money on those nasty essential necessities???