6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Check Engine Light Came on On Hard Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 12:54 PM
John with beastly 302
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Check Engine Light Came on On Hard Acceleration

Well Yesterday I was pulling the three horse trailer with three horses and had to make a different trip then usual to drop my brother off across town. So during the whole trip I probably floored it on 4 on ramps getting on the 101 just to get the VGT vanes good and warmed up. Well on the last on ramp floor te Check engine light came on and this is the one that looks like an engine. So I guess the truck will be going into the dealer next week to have the codes checked out. I was just wondering what the cause could be. I'm thinking since it came on with it pinned it might be related to the VGT vanes sticking?

I herd the Engine outline light is related more towards emission ut not sure, and the light that is an outline of a wrench is related more towards the Fly by wire Throttle, and isn't there a light for water in fuel also?

Old 06-01-2008, 01:43 PM
tazo
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my experience it's really hard to tell whats going on without knowing what code it threw. I know when I really get on my 05 I monitor the boost and egt. I have also had the check engine light on a few times and after three cold starts it went away so, it was something minor that fixed it self or some parameters were off for some reason or another and didn't come back.

Old 06-01-2008, 04:17 PM
scottman70
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most likely an EGR valve! Also the EBP sensor could be failing too!! I was towing with my 04 6.0 and every time I nailed it on the hills the motor light came on. I have had 3 egr valves and 1 ebp sensor.....