1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Neighborhood getting bad/truck got vandelized

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2008, 08:18 PM
60RatRod
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Neighborhood getting bad/truck got vandelized

Well, looks like the neighborhood is going to hell. My truck was vandelized last night. I honestly think that someone tried to steal her. I rarely, almost never leave my truck in the driveway, but I was working on Firebird in the garage and left her in the drive. Well, the thiefs failed attempt left them with the frustration to vandalize my truck. It looks like they took a coat hanger and scribed into my drivers glass thier name or a name or something. All I know is my drivers door glass is ruined now. They sure did a number on it. Man this really sucks because I just replaced that piece of glass six months ago. I never, I mean never leave my ruck out of the garage, and the one time I do. I gueass I should be thankfull my truck was still there in the morning. I heard the dogs barking last night too, but was soooo tired I did'nt get up to investigate. Guaranteed thats the last time I ignore my dogs no matter how tired I am. Ahhhh, just venting, feels good to vent. Thanks for listnening

Old 05-31-2008, 08:29 PM
Mr Mayo
Bring out the best!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That really sucks. I know how you feel, I had two of my vehicles vandalized when I lived in town. My son's Bronco had the back window busted out and his subs stolen.

In the end, though, it's just stuff, and stuff can be replaced.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:39 PM
doug51f1
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to here about it. That just sucks!
No one ever seems to bother my 51. I've had a 94 Exploder and 94 ExcuseYou Rodeo both broken into while parked in the street. Same questionable neighbors from a questionable rental house down the block is my guess, but I didn't see it happen so I really can't point fingers.
I guess no one bothers the 51 since it sits so close to the house and have 2 large muttrador retrievers and a Glock .40 cal.

Old 05-31-2008, 09:35 PM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
Man, that really sucks! It always leaves you with a sense of loss when the little punks mess with your ride. At least the damage can be easily replaced and they didn't get the whole truck.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:12 PM
ALBUQ F-1
Fleet Owner
Received 608 Likes on 378 Posts
That's a shame. Punks can really hit you where it hurts in just a few minutes. I don't understand why crimes against cars are not treated more seriously by the law. Sure they're just property, but they are really much more than that, even cheapo daily drivers.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:20 PM
doug51f1
Elder User
Amen to that brother Ross.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:53 PM
Col Flashman
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That really takes the cake, I completely understand your feelings.
The last time I simi ignored my dogs, I told them to be quit after I stepped out the side door, my cherry '68 Triumph 200c.c. Tiger Cub was stolen, then stripped, & it couldn't be replaced.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:46 AM
big job
Fleet Mechanic
Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts
Oh yeah, I got a C900 tractor that I move trailers around with, and now It doesnt have
one piece of glass in it, mirrors, they even smashed the headlights out. I can go with
cutting the flat glass, but the search is one for those big TV windshields.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Walston
Cargo Master

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
That stinks. My son's car got broken into 2 times while he was in college. They broke the window both times. After the first time, I told him to leave it unlocked and don't leave anything in it. You guessed it, it was unlocked and they broke the window anyway.

Good think is your truck is still there, the window can be fixed.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:45 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
Thats a real bummer!

At least the dogs tried to warn you. My brother has had 2 truck stolen out of his driverway, right from under his bedroom window. His dog never even woke up...LOL

Bobby

Old 06-02-2008, 10:25 AM
eman92082
Cargo Master
Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
That sucks....

Where I used to live we had similar problems. I installed 2 of those motion sensing lights under the eve of my garage. They don't cost much and they worked very well. No problems after that.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:59 AM
59 shorty
Senior User
Angry

Sorry to hear this happened. It,s just senseless. What did they think they were going to do with a 50 year old truck? Drive it till it broke or what? Now you know why they hung horse theives without regret in the last centry.If it,s any consolation to you the last time one of my vehicles was vandalized the losers dumped fish fertalizer in a new van we had just bought about 6 months earlier. Evan though you didn,t catch them, sooner or later someone will and given the mood of alot of people these days the results may turn out tragic if you know what I mean. Keep the faith. Mark

Old 06-02-2008, 11:48 AM
60RatRod
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for listening, appears Im not alone, from the post listed. I will be extra carefull with my truck from here on out.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:41 PM
FordFunKid
Freshman User
GAS ... That's what has been going in my neighborhood. They cut your garden hose and get into your gas tank. Had to replace a both a new hose and get a locking gas cap because of these kids.

But justice was served because my next door neighbor's son is a Marine and comes home very late. It's great to see that our Armed Services are trained very well ... if you get my drift.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:13 PM
alchymist
"Mifflin Clay"

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FordFunKid
GAS ... That's what has been going in my neighborhood. They cut your garden hose and get into your gas tank. Had to replace a both a new hose and get a locking gas cap because of these kids.

But justice was served because my next door neighbor's son is a Marine and comes home very late. It's great to see that our Armed Services are trained very well ... if you get my drift.
No, No, No, you can't leave us hanging .............