Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Combination Key Pad Locks

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 01:56 PM
RussB
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Combination Key Pad Locks

Hey does anyone know if you can put one of those combination pads to lock and unlock your doors into our trucks.. The newer trucks have them.. why can't we put them in ??? They are very handy when in the bush all the time.. have you ever lost your keys while out in the bush and have to go find them so you can get home ???? (not that I have or anything)

Old 05-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 822 Likes on 626 Posts
Or you could hide a key somewhere in a discreet location somewhere on the frame of the truck.
Spare key in your wallet.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:27 PM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
Yes I put one on my truck. It's not wired in like on the newer trucks, but it is programmed like your keyless remote and runs off of a battery. It sticks on the door with double stick tape. I got mine off of ebay.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:27 PM
RussB
Posting Guru
Dan.. thats a good idea.. but what we do with my buddies truck is .. throw the keys on the floor and lock the door. that way who ever gets back to the truck first can get in and go pick up the other guy.. It works good ! It sucks having to crawl under your truck in 2 feet of snow to get a key that might be there and might not.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:30 PM
RussB
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by jeff7825
Yes I put one on my truck. It's not wired in like on the newer trucks, but it is programmed like your keyless remote and runs off of a battery. It sticks on the door with double stick tape. I got mine off of ebay.
Nice.. thats what i was looking for..... Do you recall the make and model ???

Old 05-28-2008, 02:31 PM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
Old 05-28-2008, 02:33 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Nice link. How long do the batteries last and how do you change them?

Old 05-28-2008, 02:41 PM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by F350-6
Nice link. How long do the batteries last and how do you change them?

Honestly I don't know how long they last. I got the thing when I got this truck back in January, so I haven't had to change it yet. But it comes apart in half like a keyless remote so you can change the battery. It's really just like a keyless remote that you have to punch in numbers instead of hitting unlock.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:16 PM
Parts Guy Wyatt
Former Vendor
Ford also offers them...I don't know how much you paid, but I have them for $71.40 Genuine Ford part.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:24 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by y2kfordparts
Ford also offers them...I don't know how much you paid, but I have them for $71.40 Genuine Ford part.
How are they wired in? Does it come with instructions on what wire goes where? Does it wire directly to the unlock button on the door, or is it wired into the keyless entry system?

Old 06-09-2008, 11:52 PM
RussB
Posting Guru
OK.. Just got my combo entry pad.. How the hell do you program this thing ?????? I've got it mounted on the truck.. the directions are something to be desired !!!!! Can someone help ???? Jeff help ????

Old 06-10-2008, 11:00 AM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by RussB
OK.. Just got my combo entry pad.. How the hell do you program this thing ?????? I've got it mounted on the truck.. the directions are something to be desired !!!!! Can someone help ???? Jeff help ????
Have you ever programmed a keyless remote? I think that you will have to reprogram your remotes at the same time.

-Turn the ignition from off to run 8 times within 10 seconds with the 8th time ending in the run position. If you did it right, the doors should cycle to show that you are in programming mode.

I'm not exactly sure if you have to reprogram your remotes or not, but if so then you press any button on them to program.

Press any button on the keypad, then enter the factory code that came on the card with the keypad. To enter your own personal code, press the 1-2 button within 5 seconds after entering the factory code, then enter your own 5-digit code with each number being entered within 5 seconds of the other.

After this it should be programmed.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:06 PM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by F350-6
How are they wired in? Does it come with instructions on what wire goes where? Does it wire directly to the unlock button on the door, or is it wired into the keyless entry system?

Its not wired in at all. Just a keyless remote but without a button, code to open it.

Old 06-10-2008, 03:33 PM
FTE/PARTS-GUY
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keyless Entry Keypad
Part Number: 7L2Z-14A626-BA
FTE Net Price: $71.40
MSRP: $85.00

Keyless Entry Keypad
Part Number: 7L2Z-14A626-BA
Dealer Net Price: $59.50
MSRP: $85.00

Conveniently unlock your vehicle without your key or keyless entry remote. No wiring necessary – programmable, backlit keypad tunes to the same frequency as your transmitter. No-drill installation. Comes with two covers: one is primed (paint to match); the other has a black textured finish. For vehicles equipped with factory remote keyless entry.

All 2005 to Present Model Year Ford/Mercury/Lincoln Vehicles With Keyless Remote Entry System
INSTALLATION
RF Keypad
ALL 2005 TO PRESENT MODEL YEAR FORD/MERCURY/LINCOLN VEHICLES WITH KEYLESS REMOTE ENTRY SYSTEM
1. Please read ALL of these instructions before proceeding.
A. Program the RF Keypad to Your Vehicle
NOTE: It is easier to program the keypad prior to attaching it to the vehicle.
After five seconds of idle time, the keypad will reset itself.
NOTE: You must have all remote entry transmitters available before beginning this procedure, Fobs and RF keypads. Check owners guide ‘‘Locks and Security’’ for maximum remote entry transmitters allowed, and proper key positions.
If all remote entry transmitters are not present during the programming procedure, the missing
transmitters will not work following programming.
NOTE: The vehicle will exit programming mode after 20 seconds of inactivity.
NOTE: Ensure the brake pedal is not depressed during this procedure; the electronic signal could interfere with programming.
Focus 2007 and Earlier Model Years (For all other vehicles proceed to “All Other Vehicles”)
2. Make sure that you have all of the Fobs and RF keypads for this vehicle.
3. Insert a key in the ignition.
4. Turn the key from the OFF position to the RUN (not START) position four times within six seconds.
The fourth turn must end in the OFF position
The system will chime to confirm the vehicle is in programming mode.
5. Within 20 seconds of completing the previous step, press any button on Fob 1, if equipped.
The system will chime once, to confirm that the Fob has been programmed.
6. Within 20 seconds of completing the previous step, press any button on Fob 2, if equipped.
The system will chime once, to confirm that the Fob has been programmed.
7. Within 20 seconds of completing the previous step, press the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons simultaneously on the RF keypad 1.
The system will chime once, to confirm that the RF keypad has been programmed.
Repeat this step if more than one RF keypad is used.
8. After all remote entry transmitters have been programmed; turn the ignition to the RUN position for the vehicle to exit programming mode.
Page 1 of 4 SK7L2J - 19G544 – AA © Ford 2007 FoMoCo

All Other Vehicles
NOTE: If your vehicle is equipped with Integrated Keyhead Transmitters IKTs, you do not need all the IKTs to program the RF keypad to your vehicle.
9. Make sure that you have all of the Fobs and RF keypads for this vehicle.
10. Unlock your vehicle electronically with the Fob or door unlock button.
11. Put a key in the ignition.
12. Turn the key from the OFF position to RUN (not START) position eight times within 10 seconds with the eighth turn ending in the RUN position. The doors will lock, and then unlock, to confirm the vehicle is in programming mode.
13. Within 20 seconds of completing the previous step, press any button on Fob 1, if equipped.
The doors will lock, and then unlock, to confirm that the Fob has been programmed.
14. Within 20 seconds of completing the previous step, press any button on Fob 2, if equipped.
The doors will lock, and then unlock, to confirm that the Fob has been programmed
15. Within 20 seconds of completing the previous step, press the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons simultaneously on the RF keypad 1.
The doors will lock, and then unlock, to confirm that the RF keypad has been programmed.
Repeat this step if more than one RF keypad is used.
16. After all remote entry transmitters have been programmed, turn the ignition to the OFF position.
The doors will lock, and then unlock, to confirm that the vehicle has exited programming mode.
B. Programming a Personal Entry Code (if desired)
NOTE: If you lose your code card, please contact your Ford/Mercury/Lincoln dealership for factory code retrieval.
NOTE: Do not set a personal code that uses five of the same number.
Do not set a personal code that uses five numbers in sequential order.
There is a maximum of two access codes; the factory set code and one personal code.
If you reprogram the personal code the prior personal code will be erased.
NOTE: Do not repeat section A if a mistake is made in section B
17. Enter the factory set code, as indicated on your Code Card
18. Within five seconds of entering the factory code, press and hold the 1/2 button for 1 second, the 9/0 button will flash twice to confirm the keypad is in programming mode.
19. Within five seconds, enter your desired personal 5-digit code. Each digit must be entered within five seconds of the previous digit Page 2 of 4 SK7L2J - 19G544 – AA © Ford 2007 FoMoCo
20. The vehicle doors will unlock-lock-unlock to confirm that your personal code has been programmed to the keypad and the 9/0 button will flash twice to confirm that the keypad has exited programming mode
C. Adhering the Keypad to the Vehicle
CAUTION: Do not adhere to moveable glass or windshield.
NOTE: For proper adhesion, the mounting surface should be at least 60°F (15°C.)
The tape is very sticky and will adhere quickly once contact is made.
NOTE: This product is designed to attach to your car door, centered between the door handle and the window sill, but will work mounted to a relatively flat surface.
21. Hold keypad up to desired mounting surface to confirm that all the tape will contact the mounting surface.
22. Clean the vehicle surface where the keypad is to be adhered with the alcohol wipe provided.
23. Pull the tape tabs off the keypad tape, orient the keypad in the desired location and press onto the door surface.
Be sure to press firmly on all edges to ensure proper adhesion of the tape.
D. Using the Keypad
NOTE: Refer to the ‘‘Locks and Security’’ section of your vehicle Owner’s Guide for operation of
remote transmitters during RUN/START. Remote transmitter operation in RUN/START key position
is model dependent.
24. To unlock the driver’s door, enter your personal 5-digit code or the factory set code.
Each digit must be pressed within five seconds of each other.
25. To unlock all doors, press 3/4 button within five seconds of entering a valid keypad code.
26. To unlock the trunk or hatch, if equipped, press the 5/6 button within five seconds of entering a valid keypad code (IKT vehicles may require the 5/6 button to be pressed twice). Press the 5/6 button twice to open or close the passenger side power sliding door, if equipped.
27. To unlock and open the driver side power sliding door, if equipped, press the 7/8 button twice within five seconds of entering a valid code.
Page 3 of 4 SK7L2J - 19G544 – AA © Ford 2007 FoMoCo
28. To lock all doors, press the 7/8 and the 9/0 keys simultaneously.
You do not have to enter a 5-digit code.
E. Changing the cover
NOTE: The RF keypad kit comes with 2 covers (textured-black and primed). If a painted cover is desired, paint the primed cover to the desired color.
29. Remove the textured cover by prying at the corners with a plastic or wooden tool.
Snap the painted cover into place.
F. Low Power Warning
30. If you unlock the door with the keypad and the locks cycle one additional time, it is time to replace the unit.
The battery is not replaceable.
G. Anti-Scan Mode
31. If the wrong code has been entered 7 times (35 consecutive button presses) the keypad is disabled for one minute and the keypad lights will flash during this time.
H. To Remove a Personal Code, If Desired
32. Enter the factory code, then within five seconds press and hold the 1/2 button, for 5 seconds. The vehicle will unlock, lock and then unlock to confirm that your personal code has been removed.
The 9/0 key will flash four times (2 quick then 2 slow) to confirm that your personal code has been removed.
33. Release the 1/2 button.
I. Owners Instructions
34. Place this sheet with the vehicles owner’s manual when programming and installation are complete.
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC rules and with RSS-210 of Industry Canada. Operation is subject to
the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) This device must accept any interference received,
including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate this equipment
Page

Old 06-10-2008, 06:00 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by CSIPSD
Its not wired in at all. Just a keyless remote but without a button, code to open it.
I didn't know if the factory ones were wired or not. Does anyone know if these work with an aftermarket remote door unlockers? A little confusion with my dealer resulted in my truck coming without factory remote access. I do have the factory power locks/windows.

Quick Reply: Combination Key Pad Locks