6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Guages that match my Truck's

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Guages that match my Truck's

I have a 2006 F350 CC Lariat. The tach and speedo in the instrument cluster have off-white(almost silver) faces with black outlined silver numerals and red pointers. At night the silver numerals glow green and the red pointer is illuminated, while the faces seem to disappear. I am looking for a 3 or 4 guage set to mount in a woodgrain A-pillar pod. I have not found a set of guages that match both the daytime and nightime look of the factory cluster. Anybody out there know of a solution to this? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:17 PM
Matt75
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an Autometer Phantom II. I had to send it in to get checked, and for an extra $25, they changed the lighting to green. Matches good now, except that it is brighter that the other gages, even when wired into the dimmer switch. The right sized resister should take care of that though...

Old 05-28-2008, 01:42 PM
adambomb
Posting Guru
second the Phantom II's
they match perfectly IMO and i have the chrome ring around the gauge and most people think they are factory intalled.
i have the white lights and like how they look at night. it doesn't match the green but still looks good and all green lights are not my style.
i also have blue bulbs that i could but in and might to match my head unit.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:59 PM
tazo
Elder User
ISSPRO Gauges at DieselManor
These match. I have a pyro gauge and it matches great.

Old 05-28-2008, 03:42 PM
UGA33
Lead Driver

Received 132 Likes on 68 Posts
I have the phantoms but will definately be switching to the autometer NV series. Those are some good looking gauges

Old 05-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Originally Posted by Matt75
I have an Autometer Phantom II. I had to send it in to get checked, and for an extra $25, they changed the lighting to green. Matches good now, except that it is brighter that the other gages, even when wired into the dimmer switch. The right sized resister should take care of that though...
Yeah, I was looking at those guages on the Autometer website and was disapointed that the led lighting could not be changed to green, at least that is what the website states. Do you have your guages wired through the factory truck dimmer, or did you use the Autometer dimmer? Where did you send your guages to get the lighting changed to green? Thanks for the info.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:11 AM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Thanks to all for the replies...I have looked at all the guages mentioned and I really liked the Phantom II if I can get the lighting right...I want to match both the day and night appearance of the factory tach and speedo.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Matt75
New User
My gage is wired through the factory dimmer, and it does work to dim the gage lighting, but it's still brigher than the rest of the dash. Like I said, some rainy day, I'll experiment with some resisters to make it dimmer.
For the green lights, I started the process by emailing service@autometer.com, which is right on their web site...

Old 05-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Jakebrake
< Samantha...my Co-Pilot

Kool...I will try the email...thanks.

Old 05-30-2008, 09:52 AM
tazo
Elder User
If you can get the bulb out of the gauge, get a black sharpie and color part of the bulb. Do just a little at a time until you get the same brightness as the factory gauges. Not sure about autometer but isspro makes colored covers for the bulbs. So the back light can be different colors.