Montana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Sailor_Roy

Archived HP Buy/Sell/Trade Ads

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 02:02 PM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everybody, I was wondering if anybody has, or knows where I could find a front D44 from a late 70s F150. Scrapyards around here dont have what I am looking for.

Any leads appreciated.

Josh

Old 07-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Theres one at Dietz auto and truck salvage from a 79 F150 reg cab, hubs are gone but the main assembly is there. How much do you need? I'm going there tomorrow to rob valve covers off the truck I could get some more details. I'll check this thread in the morning or you can give me a call at 4068552229.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:24 AM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
hey that would be great if you could check it out and see if it is in decent enough shape, and how much it could be gotten for. I live in fargo, but will be in killdeer (north of dickinson) for the rest of the week. this could work out pretty good if it is worth it.

BTW, what could I possibly want with a D44 from a 79 F150, if I drive a 1995 F150? hmm... I wonder...

Old 07-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
Well... how much are you willing to build it up? I went there this morning, and completely forgot to ask how much they wanted for the axle, but I did look at the truck (which didn't have the right kind of valve covers that I was looking for), Its the complete housing and gearset, but the axles are gone and you'll need to swap over your brake parts and rotors and hubs. The driveshaft is still there too, I'm not sure if they are the same or not.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:03 PM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
Well thanks for looking, i will probably try to hold out for a more complete unit. out of that all I would basically get would be the housing, since I will need to regear too.

Thanks again for taking the time to look, though. I appreciate it.

Talk to you later

Old 07-03-2007, 07:06 PM
big hoss 29
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm heading out to Johnsons A1 out on Grand Ave Thursday so I can look as well. Johnsons has a really good selection of jun..........I mean, goodies.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:02 AM
roger dowty
Posting Guru
i got real lucky and picked up a decent highboy (shortbed) crew for 900. cab is in great shape...bed sucks. i saw another highboy .... you willing to travel to the zoo?

itch'n to get my hands on it.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:12 AM
Matts72
Post Fiend
The price of steel must be way up... Dietz has about 4 acres of yard, and they cleared out 1 acre in the past two weeks.

Old 07-04-2007, 03:53 AM
roger dowty
Posting Guru
I was at a local yard and wathed them crush 5 muscle cars in decent shape..torinos of the 68-69 and 70-71 vintage a couple of decent fairlanes etc. They had soooo many mopars and chevies to crush i was disheartened to say the least.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
My dream car is a 69-70 Torino GT...

Old 09-26-2007, 05:20 PM
MikeWire
Senior User
Originally Posted by Matts72
The price of steel must be way up... Dietz has about 4 acres of yard, and they cleared out 1 acre in the past two weeks.
I was out there last week (picked up a washer res and pump for $5!) and Jeff (think that's it I'm bad with names) said they scrapped a lot because they needed room to remove weeds. There are only a few left out there, and they are picked pretty well and don't have too many small parts left.

Anyway I was looking for a set of bucket seats, or at least high backs with a console or armrest in black/grey color if anyone has them.

I also am in need of a set of front leaf springs - my drivers side is sagging and I have a gangsta lean...

Also looking for a place to pick up a set of seals for my power assist control valve. It leaks, and I don't want to change out a good system + I just spent $$ on a new pump and two hoses.

Anyone have a good suggestion to take my truck to to have the brakes adjusted? I would like to keep it in Laurel if possible, because they don't work so well, and I would probably run in to trouble going too far the way they are now.

I have a drive shaft and couplers that came with my truck if anyone is interested or needs them. Free! You pick them up.

Old 09-27-2007, 11:41 PM
nobodyspecial
Postmaster
How nice of condition do the seats have to be in? The seats in my 95 F150 are grey/black leather in fair condition - the passengers side has a tear where the folding mechanism is, which could be sewn back together. other than that they are decent. just normal wear, could use a clean up. pretty comfy too.

Not sure if thats what you are looking for. I am planning on taking them out and putting some different ones in from Giant Motorsports this fall.

If you are interested, I will snap some pictures for you. let me know.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Matts72
Post Fiend
They are pretty easy to adjust, just jack up one side and take the wheel off, and turn the drum by hand, then turn the adjuster in the back through the small hole enough that you can just barely turn them by hand.

Old 10-01-2007, 11:15 AM
MikeWire
Senior User
Originally Posted by Matts72
They are pretty easy to adjust, just jack up one side and take the wheel off, and turn the drum by hand, then turn the adjuster in the back through the small hole enough that you can just barely turn them by hand.
Ah - thanks Matt. I had to install my new ebrake cables this weekend, so I had to pull the drums off again. I had an adjuster that was a R on the drivers side...WRONG. So, I intalled the correct one, and it adjusts correctly now. I adjusted them so that I could only move the drum about 3/4 of a turn...so hopefully thats enough. Easy enought to put her in R and adjust some more. I'll take it out on a drive here soon - thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by joshdvirnak
How nice of condition do the seats have to be in? The seats in my 95 F150 are grey/black leather in fair condition - the passengers side has a tear where the folding mechanism is, which could be sewn back together. other than that they are decent. just normal wear, could use a clean up. pretty comfy too.

Not sure if thats what you are looking for. I am planning on taking them out and putting some different ones in from Giant Motorsports this fall.

If you are interested, I will snap some pictures for you. let me know.
I'm interested!

I'm not looking for anything in great shape - in fact I will probably just cover the seats anyway. Do you have some pictures? Now, from what I understand I just swap seat rails and they bolt right in?

Old 12-25-2007, 06:22 PM
mt78Lariat
Senior User
Misc. Ford stuff

Ok,, its been awhile since I posted,, but I have another accumalation of stuff,,

1968 Ford F-100, 360, a/t,p/s, custom cab, dana 44 rear end, 3.54 ratio, locker ***** for parts only******

1953-1956 Ford pickup parts, 1/2 Ton,3/4 Ton,

I think its a 1949 F-5,, rough but mostly intact

Quick Reply: Archived HP Buy/Sell/Trade Ads