Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Installed Pioneer AVIC - D3 today....

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 07:57 PM
makomaker
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed Pioneer AVIC - D3 today....

Pioneer with Bluetooth adaptor, Navtech navigation, Sirius, with Alpine amp and Rockford Fosgate sub and speakers...

I've never had a nice sound system before and I love this one...the bluetooth is going to be the nicest thing...speaking and hearing through the truck speakers....

I know, I know, I will post pics later....

Old 05-16-2008, 08:03 PM
jhand124
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by makomaker
Pioneer with Bluetooth adaptor, Navtech navigation, Sirius, with Alpine amp and Rockford Fosgate sub and speakers...

I've never had a nice sound system before and I love this one...the bluetooth is going to be the nicest thing...speaking and hearing through the truck speakers....

Congrats on the new system

Old 05-16-2008, 08:10 PM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..

I'm not in to the navigation, but that is definitely one sweet head unit. Hopefully the bass gets attenuated or else you're gonna get a headache when you're talking to someone with a bad cold!! LOL

I've got an older Alpine deck that stick rocks, and have a new Alpine PDX 4.100 amp on the way. Diamond Audio 6 1/2" components will go in the doors with 6x9's likely to be custom mounted in the rear cab wall locations.

The Passat has an Alpine deck & Boston Acoustic speakers all around (8 total) and I'll be putting my Eclipse 4 x 85watt amp in there.

Nothing like good tunes (and good company!!) to make a road trip more enjoyable!!

Congrats!!! Now let's get some pics going!!

Old 05-16-2008, 08:34 PM
makomaker
Elder User
Originally Posted by papadelogan

Congrats!!! Now let's get some pics going!!
Fo sure fo sure...It was awesome today cruising around and jamming with the windows down and dogs hanging out the windows

Old 05-16-2008, 08:55 PM
ngng
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
question for you, with the stock ford speakers can you run any headunit or does ford use some odd impedance speakers?

Old 05-16-2008, 09:27 PM
HighOctane
PMS: an obsession

Avic is what I run too. I love the IPOD adapter the most. No more crappy radio stations or fumbling with cd's. Even better than Sirius, cause every tune is one you like!

Old 05-16-2008, 09:32 PM
papadelogan
Snowboard season cometh..

Originally Posted by ngng
question for you, with the stock ford speakers can you run any headunit or does ford use some odd impedance speakers?
They MIGHT be 6ohm units, but probably 4ohm - haven't checked, but either way, you'll be fine swapping out to an aftermarket head unit

Old 05-17-2008, 12:21 AM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah i got tired of 0 bass with my stock system, one weekend i turned it into this:

D3 as well, Rockford Fosgate amps pushing Pioneer speakers and Image Dynamics subs. The system hits hard and rocks!

Old 05-17-2008, 12:30 AM
ngng
Elder User
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
cool install. how's the sound now that you have the sound dampening material installed?

Old 05-17-2008, 12:36 AM
totin_tools
Elder User

Where did you buy it at? They had a 200 rebate last month, when I purchased mine, you might want to check on it. Finally got the bluetooth thing working correctly.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:11 AM
smdenlinger
Junior User

Congrats on the new system Jay. I'm also about ready to drop in a new Pioneer Avic head unit. Probably going with a Z2 but am also toying with the idea of getting Pioneer's newest Avic F-series. Don't know yet but it will happen soon. The nav is great for vacations and long drives. Lets everyone know where you are. Really cool!