plantdrive or ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 05:46 PM
aussie01
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
plantdrive or ???

I need to buy my WVO kit for my 97 F350 - NOW! I like the Frybrid kit, but have had no luck getting any questions answered and don't want to order and wait indefinatley. I was considering the vegistroke system, had got my head around the $3000, then noticed that my year truck was an extra $600 on top of that. So now that leaves me with deciding between Plantdrive or Greasecar. I am not too familiar with the components of the plantdrive and can't find a thorough explanation of there system, or a parts list or even a diagram. Is anyone using the plantdrive for the 1st gen 7.3 PSD? I kinda like the Greasecar but I don't like the copper heat exchange setup in there tank. I would also add a dedicated wvo fuel pump as well as a final heat exchanger .
All the conversion companies are too busy to answer my questions, I've tried calling and emailing.
So if I was to go with Plantdrive or Greasecar, what would you do to these systems to upgrade or have you been happy with it as is?

Old 05-13-2008, 04:14 PM
TchTchr
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a greasecar in the Mercedes and Vegistroke in the F250. I like each for the particular vehicle they are in. I would go with the Vegistroke in your truck.