Rear DVD player

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Chance_Thomas
More Turbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear DVD player

I have a Jensen Radio\dvd player in the dash. I just purchased a flip down rear dvd player. Will the rear dvd player be independant as far as sound? I really didn't want the the rear dvd sound to use the vehicle speakers but don't see how i can get away with it. Don't think the unit has speakers

Next question if the audio and video are tied to gether if I put in a dvd in the front will it show it on the rear as well? I think it will show both audio and video.

Old 05-09-2008, 11:37 PM
bgalaxy67
Elder User
You should be able to hear just the dvd in the rear with the flip down as long as the dvd is being played in the flipdown. Just like if you didn't have the deck in the front. You might be able to have the dvd play to the rear flip without sound to the front source. Just depends if the deck will do 2 source outs or not.

Hooking the front dvd to the rear should be as simple as a set of rca cables.

Old 05-10-2008, 11:44 AM
smdenlinger
Junior User
I am battling this very issue out with the folks at the Pioneer AVIC411 forum. I have a dropdown screen (Apline) in my F250 with a remote DVD player under the bench seat so it's not actually part of the screen unit in the ceiling of the truck. The screen itself is quite nice, good picture an all but the DVD player sucks. Freezes all the time. That is why I am going to put a new head unit in the dash that has DVD, NAV, bluetooth, and IPOD connectivity. The Pioneer AVIC is tops on my list right now mostly because the NAV package is one of the best. My question to the AVIC411 forum was whether video from the DVD player could be sent to the drop-down screen while the head unit displays the NAV. I can't seem to get a straight answer yet. They say that the new AVIC F-series won't support dual-zone but I don't know if that just means multiple audio sources, which is ok with me, or whether is means that I can't send video to an alternate screen while displaying the NAV on the head unit. Sorry for the long rant but I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on something and I need to know what is going to work. If you have kids then you know how important that rear screen is...

Old 05-10-2008, 02:36 PM
bgalaxy67
Elder User
Originally Posted by smdenlinger
I am battling this very issue out with the folks at the Pioneer AVIC411 forum. I have a dropdown screen (Apline) in my F250 with a remote DVD player under the bench seat so it's not actually part of the screen unit in the ceiling of the truck. The screen itself is quite nice, good picture an all but the DVD player sucks. Freezes all the time. That is why I am going to put a new head unit in the dash that has DVD, NAV, bluetooth, and IPOD connectivity. The Pioneer AVIC is tops on my list right now mostly because the NAV package is one of the best. My question to the AVIC411 forum was whether video from the DVD player could be sent to the drop-down screen while the head unit displays the NAV. I can't seem to get a straight answer yet. They say that the new AVIC F-series won't support dual-zone but I don't know if that just means multiple audio sources, which is ok with me, or whether is means that I can't send video to an alternate screen while displaying the NAV on the head unit. Sorry for the long rant but I'm getting close to pulling the trigger on something and I need to know what is going to work. If you have kids then you know how important that rear screen is...
Which Pioneer do you have?

Old 05-10-2008, 07:42 PM
smdenlinger
Junior User
Originally Posted by bgalaxy67
Which Pioneer do you have?
Don't have it yet but am considering either the AVIC-Z2 or the soon to be released AVIC F90BT.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:49 AM
bgalaxy67
Elder User
I looked at the Z2 and it does have the rear video controls. As long as the DVD player or overhead has a set of RCA in's your set.

I didn't see any info on the new F90BT

Old 05-17-2017, 01:31 AM
Romans10
New User