Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Hey ARIZONA!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 07:28 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Isn't that what they call "noodling"?
I might have seen the same program - they were kind of feeling around under the banks of a lake and they would pull up these humongous catfish with their hands!

No, thank you!!

Old 05-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So you mean I dont even need a rod and reel? Imagine That! I'll keep all my fingers thank you very much! Hey my son is not going so we dont have to worry about anyone being Hooked in the Eyelid! Funny but Not funny Story, That day was a 100 dollar ticket on the water!

Old 05-08-2008, 08:33 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
That hurts just thinking about it. Could have been much worse.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
The day started out great! We were at Patigonia lake down by Nogales. Took my sons friend Jermey, We caught a few Bluegill and a small Bass... good so far, It was the weekend so it got realy busy, About 10 am we went to the slow end of the lake, as soon as we got there my son Halls off and Plants his lure right in the EYELID of his friend. When I turned around and looked my son is Jerking his rod and his friend is yelling OOOOOUUUUCCCHHHH!!!!!with a Big frilly Lure hanging on his face. I grab the line and cut it as fast as I could, Took only about 30 seconds for Jermey to calm down, Maybe cause I was staying calm, Told him we had to cut the barb end off and we can get it out
He agreed to let me try, You know how hard those hooks are now a days. But I got through it! Removed the rest of it and The thing didn't even Bleed We left right away and was stoped by the ranger 100 feet down the lake, I told him what just happened and he still gave me a ticket. The boys didn't have there life vests on! cost $100.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:18 PM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Hey, Bill at the price of gas I think Fry's is the best deal going for fish. Hope you have fun.
We are headed to Nevada this weekend. Taking our cargo trailer & Blazer up. We will come back in the Lumina. This is the test for the Blazer. We have 170 miles and two 6% grades to go over so I'm hoping for a good trip Trouble Free. That will build my confidence in this Blazer. It has been running good the last few weeks so I hope it continues.
We better go over & share over in New Mexico if they come over here we will have 10 people posting.
Craig

Old 05-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Bill W
Hotshot
Craig, Hope your trip this weekend is UNeventful! and you get 25 MPG Hauling that trailer
If we had 10 people posting here every day That would be Great!
7 different people responded to this thread (I just counted) So it's getting lots better!
Thanks everyone!

Old 05-08-2008, 10:07 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
I'm easy, Bill. Thanks for having me.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:27 AM
kermmydog
Post Fiend
Thanks Bill, I just want to make it without any trouble. I'll settle for 11 MPG with no troubles.

Thanks to all who are posting and to those from other areas that are joining in to help us. Steve, thanks for jumping in here & helping out, hope you stick around.

Craig

Old 05-09-2008, 08:05 AM
RDJ184
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kermmydog
Thanks Bill, I just want to make it without any trouble. I'll settle for 11 MPG with no troubles.

Thanks to all who are posting and to those from other areas that are joining in to help us. Steve, thanks for jumping in here & helping out, hope you stick around.

Craig
be careful what you ask for

Old 05-09-2008, 10:12 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
Received 3,657 Likes on 1,127 Posts
I was holding out for #13 but I will post as #9

Originally Posted by Bill W
Craig, Hope your trip this weekend is UNeventful! and you get 25 MPG Hauling that trailer
If we had 10 people posting here every day That would be Great!
7 different people responded to this thread (I just counted) So it's getting lots better!
Thanks everyone!

Old 05-09-2008, 10:17 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
here is a morning of fishing maybe 2 hours! The stringer of crapi had already been filleted and released

Originally Posted by Bill W
The day started out great! We were at Patigonia lake down by Nogales. Took my sons friend Jermey, We caught a few Bluegill and a small Bass... good so far, It was the weekend so it got realy busy, About 10 am we went to the slow end of the lake, as soon as we got there my son Halls off and Plants his lure right in the EYELID of his friend. When I turned around and looked my son is Jerking his rod and his friend is yelling OOOOOUUUUCCCHHHH!!!!!with a Big frilly Lure hanging on his face. I grab the line and cut it as fast as I could, Took only about 30 seconds for Jermey to calm down, Maybe cause I was staying calm, Told him we had to cut the barb end off and we can get it out
He agreed to let me try, You know how hard those hooks are now a days. But I got through it! Removed the rest of it and The thing didn't even Bleed We left right away and was stoped by the ranger 100 feet down the lake, I told him what just happened and he still gave me a ticket. The boys didn't have there life vests on! cost $100.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:19 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Hey Bart - how's it going with the new business?

Old 05-09-2008, 10:19 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
OK Bill your not the only one who doesn't get a cooler full of fish every trip. here is the only fish from a 2 day trip to Pleasant Lake.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:25 PM
helifixer
Lead Driver
I think as long as they have cowboys I have a job. replacing another Trans.this week it is an E4OD in a '97 powerstroke, they were pulling a 6 horse trailer and it started slipping climbing a grade so they just used more power to get to the top. most of the fluid boiled out of the vent on the top of the trans, and the torque converter was a lovely shade of blue. so it's getting a reman. a V10 cooler and a trans temp gauge. plus about a day of fixing other broken stuff.

Originally Posted by SteveBricks
Hey Bart - how's it going with the new business?

Old 05-09-2008, 10:30 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Good job security - just don't loan them your truck!

Quick Reply: Hey ARIZONA!