Need Help Bigtime!!!! Running trouble!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 12:54 PM
TrainJudo
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help Bigtime!!!! Running trouble!!

OK, so here is the situation..

(and keep in mind I cant afford to take it in right now before the obvious "get it scanned" answers)

I have a 91 ford f250 (302)..anyway I am supposed to be in detroit right now at a new job but cant make it cause my truck wont run..

This is what happened..About a week ago, my battery died completely, so I had my roommate jump it while I was getting ready for work..Anyway, he ended up hooking cables up backwards..

When I got outside he told me what he did but he got it started so I thought, "ahh well", so I drove to buy a new battery..As soon as I hooked the new battery up, the selenoid (on firewall) smoked out and also burnt out a fusable link to the alternator..So I replaced both..

Then I got it started again, but now unless the iac is unplugged, It wont run at all..So I replaced the iac..Still same problem. If I plug in the iac, the fuel relay clicks like crazy and the engine dies out..Unplug it (relay works correctly then) and it idles but wont drive, bogs out when you give it gas in drive.

So Im looking for possible problems and realize my battery wont keep a charge even after idling for 20 minutes, yet my alt is working.So then my starter goes out..Took that in today to be tested, its fried so Im replacing that..

What I need to know is could that fried starter be causing the problems im having with the iac deal?

(I already assume its what was draining my battery...)

If not, what could cause the relay to click like crazy and it die out when I plug the iac in?

Thanks for any answers!!!

Im desperate.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Club Wagon
Posting Guru
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Try FTE's '1987-1996 F150 & Larger F-Series' section. No 302s in the '97-'03 section, pickups in this era have entirely different motors & electrical components.

Old 05-07-2008, 02:59 PM
TrainJudo
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, my bad, didnt realize i was on wrong forum