1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

My 60 didn't sell on Ebay. Any other site recommended?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:41 PM
samahi72
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 60 didn't sell on Ebay. Any other site recommended?

My truck didn't get to my minimum on Ebay. It got as high as 4650. I guess there is a limited market for the forgotten years of the f-100. Any body recommend any other sites to sell? I was just thinking about waiting until the summer hot rod show. they have a pretty good swap meet.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:18 PM
cool 48
Senior User
I have heard of some folks having pretty good luck with Craigslist. You can import photos, and really deal with folks one on one. I also think people tend to lean toward someone they know is in their area. You might give it a shot. It's Spring ,and there should be some folks out there looking for a cool older truck like yours. Good luck.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:28 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by samahi72
My truck didn't get to my minimum on Ebay. It got as high as 4650. I guess there is a limited market for the forgotten years of the f-100. Any body recommend any other sites to sell? I was just thinking about waiting until the summer hot rod show. they have a pretty good swap meet.
I second the motion that COOL48 made. I have had far better luck selling and buying big stuff on Craig's list. The best part is it's free. ebay is gettingn out of hand with it's prices and charges.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:29 PM
Bob at warsaw
Senior User
Sam
Moneys are getting very tight , and gas is out of site
you may have to hold on to it for a while untill things
are better here in the USA

Old 04-19-2008, 09:22 PM
rcav8or
If you use it, SUPPORT IT
Originally Posted by Bob at warsaw
Sam
Moneys are getting very tight , and gas is out of site
you may have to hold on to it for a while untill things
are better here in the USA
Truer words have seldom been spoken! I have noticed a VAST decline in free-spending, at least around here. The only thing selling are the $30,000 muscle cars. And although your pics show yours to be one of the nicest I've seen, the 60-ish trucks just don't bring money around here, either. Saw a really nice one, that started out at $6,000, dropped to $5,000, then had a $4,000 tag on it, and I don't think it sold at that either. But, for the guy looking specifically for a very nice 60, you should be able to sell it. But, it's all timing. He has to find you, and have the bucks all at the same time...I think Bob hit the nail on the head - you'll probably have to be patient. When I sold my motorhome, I left it out all summer, and advertised it. One or two little nibbles, but two guys happened to see it out in front of the shop, and had a bidding war! I had given up on selling it by then. So, you never know...

Exposure is the best solution, though. And you mentioned a hot rod show - lot's of people have bucks when they go, and that might be the best place to sell it...just make sure it is sparkling clean.

Good luck!!

R

Old 04-20-2008, 09:58 AM
Kusto
Posting Guru
Another good site is Kijiji or auto trader. Kijiji is free.

Here's the link. Kijiji USA Free Classifieds - Post & Search Free Classified Ads

Old 04-20-2008, 10:25 AM
rcav8or
If you use it, SUPPORT IT
Originally Posted by Kusto
Another good site is Kijiji
wow, went to Kijiji, and this was one of the first ads I saw...

AH 3000 Ad

Now, this is a $30,000+ car, listed for $5400....here's a '62 approximate value, $65,000

AH 3000

Fishy...as in phishy....

Maybe they mean $54,000? Or is it a come-on?

R

Old 04-20-2008, 11:21 AM
cool 48
Senior User
I have had good luck selling bikes on ebay. But, I have heard one of several drwbacks ,is that you get a lot of oflks bidding on cars and trucks who are really just tire kickers ,so to speak. If you know what you have and are willing to stick to your price, selling it out in front of the local shopping center or high traffic area would be a real good place to sell that truck. I know it is a pain to do that, because of having to get someone to pick you up . Then having to go back and gte it in the evenings. But, other than that , it seems the Craigslist thing would be the way to go. All the talk of Phishing is a real thing on other sites. Craigslist seems to be one of those that doesn't have a lot of that. Good luck

Old 04-20-2008, 11:43 AM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
I was watching a local '70 Dodge dart project car on Epay for a friend a couple weeks ago. Bids never climbed higher than a couple hundred. The last 5 minutes it went up $5 every other minute between two people. Then with 8 seconds left, a scrap/recycle/parts dealer bought it for $360. (I clicked on his power seller site to find that out) As for my friend, he was willing to spend $400, but with the winterlike blizzard we were experiencing, his connection wasn't working. Mine was, and had I known, I woulda bought it for him. Moral of this story, I like to see who is buying my trucks, and use Craigslist for that. I can explain the flaws, and he can haggle a price. We both walk away satisfied that we got a good deal done.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:03 PM
Kusto
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by rcav8or
wow, went to Kijiji, and this was one of the first ads I saw...

AH 3000 Ad

Now, this is a $30,000+ car, listed for $5400....here's a '62 approximate value, $65,000

AH 3000

Fishy...as in phishy....

Maybe they mean $54,000? Or is it a come-on?

R
My guess is that it was one of three things, a typo, a really good deal or a scam....do you trust every deal you see on ebay. I use the site quite regularly and have purchased a few items using the service. I've even sold a few things on here. It is more like a craigslist than ebay so no paypal.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:32 PM
sandhillmike
Senior User
I use eBay a lot, both to sell and buy. If nothing else it is a great gauge of current market value, due to it's wide audience. Right now vehicle values are depressed. In the end the buyer always sets the selling price, so if you need to sell it now, you will probably have to lower the price, unless you can stumble onto that one guy who is looking for just what you have. Right now is really not a good time to be selling large gas guzzling vehicles.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Bob at warsaw
Senior User
Just as is said, people are looking to put food on
the table at the present, no thrills
Hope it gets better soon

Old 04-20-2008, 10:41 PM
vintage56
Elder User
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
yeah, I got my 401K statement the other day w/ the cookie-cutter funds available (all lack-luster and soon to be amended via the "window" available) and it was down 7.5%, if I remember right.... yeowch.

four words:

BUY LOW SELL HIGH

Old 04-20-2008, 10:52 PM
Bob at warsaw
Senior User
Sorry, I think it going on everywhere

Old 04-20-2008, 11:21 PM
offroadkid
Junior User
The buyer of our '56 found our truck on oldride.com. I tried Craigslist, but only got a few calls. I also put it on Hemmings, and collectorcartrader.com. Ebay was the only place I didn't list it.

Quick Reply: My 60 didn't sell on Ebay. Any other site recommended?