Who actually uses Royal Purple?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Ed
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up You're In LucK Either Way!

[QUOTE=TheNomad;6123558][QUOTE=Ed;6121804]

Thats what I get for writing on pain pills.
What I was asking is. I know I cant run full Syn in a C6 tranny.
So would it hurt or help to add a qrt of Rp when I change my fluid..
wondering if it would help things run cooler and smoother.
Thanks
------------------------------
Good news! You can use Royal Purple's MAX ATF in your Ford C-6 transmission! (Which by the way, the C-6 is a very good transmission, virtually indistructible! These transmissions were used for towing applications, in the 70s when you ordered say, a STUD Ford Country Squire station wagon, with the 400 CI or 460 CI, these engines were backed with the C-6! These cars towed trailers, car trailers, travel (RV) trailers, boats on trailers ect. This was long before the SUV or minivan was popular, so when families had to move people and had a boat, trailer, ect. chances are the big Fords were used! C-6 transmission did the work)!

You can safely use RP Max ATF, 100%, or, if you wish, you can add a quart, a pint, 1/2 the capacity, ect as Royal Purple Max ATF is 100% compatible with all transmission fluids INCLUDING Dexron II, III, Type-F ATF's.

Royal purple will help cool and lubricate any transmission, and is built to take the heat! In fact, if you have a tranmission without a trans cooler, I would immediately switch to Royal Purple's MAX-ATF!

Of course the key is having fresh, clean, ATF and a clean screen / filter in the transmission. Royal Purple MAX ATF will only add benefits to your transmission, use with confidence, especially in high heat conditions, this is where this quality lubricate really shines!

Even drag racers swear by RP Max ATF, in full race transmissions. If you have a manual FWD transaxle that specifies common ATF, I would also use Royal Purple's MAX ATF! Good stuff!

Your Ford C-6 Tranmission with Royal Purple MAX ATF in the pan =

Old 05-06-2008, 09:38 PM
TheNomad
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ed your great lol nothing like a party in my Pan.
I asked about using RP in my tranny and I was told it would make it slip in and out of gear..
But Know that I know better I'll have to spread the word thanks man

Old 05-07-2008, 08:14 AM
Ed
Posting Guru
[QUOTE=TheNomad;6124954]Ed your great lol nothing like a party in my Pan.
I asked about using RP in my tranny and I was told it would make it slip in and out of gear..
But Know that I know better I'll have to spread the word thanks man.
--------------
Whoever said that, does not know what their talking about. the only exception would be in some motorcycle trans, but not with your specific application.

Use it, even a 1/2 quart of RP will help your C-6 perform as it should and how Ford designed it to!

Ed

Old 05-07-2008, 12:27 PM
azfordf100man
Elder User
[quote=Ed;6126176]
Originally Posted by TheNomad
Ed your great lol nothing like a party in my Pan.
But Know that I know better I'll have to spread the word thanks man.
--------------
Whoever said that, does not know what their talking about. the only exception would be in some motorcycle trans, but not with your specific application.

Use it, even a 1/2 quart of RP will help your C-6 perform as it should and how Ford designed it to!

Ed
Please note: Max ATF is not recommended or an approved warranty replacement for: Ford Type F, Ford Mercon SP, Ford Mercon LV, GM Dexron VI, Mercedes Benz NAG-2, Toyota WS, Volvo 5 speed. Max ATF is not recommended for use in any CVT

Old 05-07-2008, 01:08 PM
TheNomad
Elder User
[QUOTE=azfordf100man;6127015]
Originally Posted by Ed

Please note: Max ATF is not recommended or an approved warranty replacement for: Ford Type F, Ford Mercon SP, Ford Mercon LV, GM Dexron VI, Mercedes Benz NAG-2, Toyota WS, Volvo 5 speed. Max ATF is not recommended for use in any CVT
Why is it not recommended for Type F or Mercon? I mean what can you use it in...

Old 05-07-2008, 03:11 PM
azfordf100man
Elder User
[quote=TheNomad;6127155]
Originally Posted by azfordf100man

Why is it not recommended for Type F or Mercon? I mean what can you use it in...

According to the site it is okay for Mercon, Mercon V applications just not Type F, Mercon LV, and Mercon SP.

Old 05-07-2008, 11:30 PM
TheNomad
Elder User
Ford Mercon SP, Ford Mercon LV, GM Dexron VI, Mercedes Benz NAG-2, Toyota WS, Volvo 5 speed. Max ATF is not recommended for use in any CVT. Well dang thats a very short list of things you can use with it. Why would they make some thing that you can use in only so few appellations. I guess the only reason so many racers preach about the stuff is they are paid to say so..

Old 05-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Sycostang67
Post Fiend
What does CVT stand for?

Old 05-08-2008, 08:20 AM
azfordf100man
Elder User
Continuously Variable Transmission- They constantly change engine speed to car speed.

Old 05-08-2008, 12:01 PM
jimandmandy
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ford Mercon SP, Ford Mercon LV, GM Dexron VI, Mercedes Benz NAG-2, Toyota WS, Volvo 5 speed. Max ATF is not recommended for use in any CVT. Well dang thats a very short list of things you can use with it. Why would they make some thing that you can use in only so few appellations. I guess the only reason so many racers preach about the stuff is they are paid to say so..
Actually, Mercon, Mercon V, Dexron (I-IIIE), Type A, +3, is a very long list that covers a majority of imports and domestics from 1949 to about 2000. The single most important property of ATF (as opposed to motor oil) is coefficient of friction. CVT and some old Ford and Toyota transmissions will slip badly with "universal" ATF.

I got my RP to try for free due to racing team involvement. The team now pays for Shell Rotella T syn, rather than using and promoting a free product that does not work well for us. If you are paid, of course you preach about it. That is the deal with using racing as a marketing tool.

Jim

Old 05-08-2008, 09:52 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just put Royal Purple 15W-40 in the crankcase today.........NAPA filter and changed the air filter too for good measure.....Never used the stuff, but meaning to. I've got near 100,000 miles on the psd, so I'm getting ready to change EVERYTHING 'wet' over to synthetic. What the hell......I'm paying a little over twice what I'd pay for dino (I ordered it online by the gallon......The truck takes 15 qts.....), but you supposedly can go 15000 to 20000 miles being oil changes.

We'll see.

p.s. Getting ready to change over the tranny fluid to Royal Purple also.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:37 PM
TheNomad
Elder User
Cool. What kinda tranny are you going to put it in.

Old 05-09-2008, 10:04 AM
jimandmandy
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by cmpd1781
Just put Royal Purple 15W-40 in the crankcase today.........NAPA filter and changed the air filter too for good measure.....Never used the stuff, but meaning to. I've got near 100,000 miles on the psd, so I'm getting ready to change EVERYTHING 'wet' over to synthetic. What the hell......I'm paying a little over twice what I'd pay for dino (I ordered it online by the gallon......The truck takes 15 qts.....), but you supposedly can go 15000 to 20000 miles being oil changes.

We'll see.

p.s. Getting ready to change over the tranny fluid to Royal Purple also.
Does 'wet' include the radiator? Actually, you might consider Evans Waterless Coolant, if you want to go 'all the way'.

Seriously, be sure to send an oil sample to Blackstone at 7500 miles or so as a sanity check for that 15-20,000 mile oil change interval. You probably can go that far, but not without oil analysis.

Jim

Old 05-09-2008, 04:38 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Cool. What kinda tranny are you going to put it in.
Plain old stock 4R100 (2000 7.3L psd)....Nothing done to it.....Just stock. Might put a deeper pan on when I do the switch.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:41 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by jimandmandy
Does 'wet' include the radiator? Actually, you might consider Evans Waterless Coolant, if you want to go 'all the way'.

Seriously, be sure to send an oil sample to Blackstone at 7500 miles or so as a sanity check for that 15-20,000 mile oil change interval. You probably can go that far, but not without oil analysis.

Jim
Mighta exaggerated a little on the 'everything wet' comment.....

Mainly the oil and the tranny fluid.

Good advice on the rest. I'll definitely look into the coolant (Evans).

Regarding the oil change.....I've BEEN changing every 7500 miles with the dyno.......I'll let this one go prob. 10000 and do the analysis and see how it's working. I want that sucker to run a LONG time.....I love the 7.3L.

Quick Reply: Who actually uses Royal Purple?