1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

1950 bb headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 09:18 PM
anarki
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1950 bb headers

hi guys i'm new here, and would like to know if any one here is using a bbc in a 1950 f100? If so what type of headers did you use? Also what type of setup you have for gear box and so on? Pics would be great!! I'm kinda had to stop on my build till i can get this header thing fix. Thanks

Old 04-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Sandidande
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by anarki
hi guys i'm new here, and would like to know if any one here is using a bbc in a 1950 f100? If so what type of headers did you use? Also what type of setup you have for gear box and so on? Pics would be great!! I'm kinda had to stop on my build till i can get this header thing fix. Thanks
Hi Anarki!!

Welcome to FTE. You'll find a lot of great folks with very useful info here.

I know everybody is probably tired of this picture because I end up posting it once a week - but here goes again!

I'm restoring a 51 F1 with a 390 Fe in it. I found that with the stock steering gear and side motor mounts for the BB, I had a box 5.5x5.5" to try and run exhaust through - not gonna happen. I looked around for Ford BB hugger headers and couldn't find any.

But, I think we had a similar thread to this one about two weeks ago and there were some guys who did find some. I'm sure they will be a long shortly!!!! I ended up having mine made to fit down into the lake pipes under the running boards.

[/IMG]

Old 04-13-2008, 10:02 PM
havi
I'll have the Roast Duck
Received 45 Likes on 28 Posts
click on this link Sanderson Headers might be what you need. My Ford 400 required an offset to the Pass. side by 3/4" with the use of a Toyota PS box on stock frame and suspension. I used an F2 stock crossmember to line up with the T18 4sp. trans, everything looked to be minor from there on. And welcome to the board!

Old 04-13-2008, 10:24 PM
anarki
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys for all the info, and the link has some nice headers, And looking at some of the headers on this site, i'm thinking fender headers should work. My engine builder is telling me 2" min tube size for this motor. Can't find any with that size tubes on this site. Once more thanks guys you have been alot of help.