Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys This is the place to check out offers from FTE sponsors. Non-sponsor vendors may not post here.

Schaeffer's 9000

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 02:44 PM
doubledee715
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Schaeffer's 9000

Any vendors here carry this oil? If so, how much can you buy at one time? From small amount to large amount....I wanna know my options then get a price shipped to 95926. If the 6 gallon box is the smallest amount I could buy could you provide a quote. I gotta change my oil this week. Thanks vendors!

Old 04-13-2008, 07:09 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
Here are the three I know of personally. All three are excellent to work with and are as straight up as they come.

"white Buffalo"
"jtharvey"
"jrciii56"

Whichever one you contact, tell him that Pete sent you.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Diesel Man 03
Senior User
doubledee715, have you used this oil before and if you have how did it work out for you?

Old 04-14-2008, 08:32 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel Man 03
doubledee715, have you used this oil before and if you have how did it work out for you?
First, notice in my signature taht I'm running a bypass filtration setup to help obtain extended OCI's.

I'm getting ready to change out my first run on the 9000 myself. My UOA has revealed what I expected and have heard from others who switched to the Schaeffer products... it's cleaning out some of the interior engine crud. Had my first UOA at about 8K miles, have run probably 1500 miles since, and will be changing oil one evening this week.

The engine had a noticeably "tighter" running sound and tone to it within a very short time of getting the Scaheffer's into it. Easy cold starts without using block heater at 15 degrees, and that with one compeltely dead battery (unknown at the time). Smoother running sound.

What I replaced was the Amsoil DEO 5w40 synthetic. I am burning a little more oil, but am also told by at least three other people who converted to Schaeffers that the first 2-3 runs will do that, and then the engine "tightens up" and the oil burning stops almost completely. Even with my "burning more oil", the amount is not bad at all... something like 1.5 quarts in 8K miles. With teh A oil, I used about 1 quart for 12K miles.

Other observations:
- My CCV hose (vented out the back end of the truck) does smoke more with the Schaeffers, at least for now.
- I really like to smell of the Schaeffers oil... not nearly as pungent as typical motor oils at all
- the oil is dark greenish in color (so what?)
- price is competitive with what I can get Rotella-T 5w40 for around here (actually cheaper)
- rather inexpensive UOA costs at $9 per sample, prepaid

Hope this helps.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:14 PM
doubledee715
Elder User
Originally Posted by F250_
Here are the three I know of personally. All three are excellent to work with and are as straight up as they come.

"white Buffalo"
"jtharvey"
"jrciii56"

Whichever one you contact, tell him that Pete sent you.
thank you. I was actually refered to Rich by someone over on the org and I PMed him there. Quoted me a great price, $4 cheaper than I saw on another website. Do you have any input on the 7000? Any opinions on it? I'd like to hear something about the 7000.
Originally Posted by Diesel Man 03
I have not. I was going to order some this week but forgot that I had 4 gallons of Delo 15w-40 left over in my garage. I'll kill that then move on to schaeffer's.