1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Ugly stuff

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:57 AM
rcav8or
If you use it, SUPPORT IT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sandidande
Hey Roger. Nyah Nyah yourself! 70 degrees in San Diego EVERY DAY - don't get cocky (tee hee)!
Dan - I know...I moved to San Diego, from HAWAII in 1963. Lived in Clairemont until moving to Escondido/San Marcos in '77. With a year or so in Campo and another in El Centro, somewhere in there. When the cost of living got too high for me, I left in '88, never looked back. I'll agree, I miss the weather, but don't miss the high cost of gas, the 3-hour trip to go 30 miles, and the 8+ percent state tax. Oh yeah, paying the property tax based on the million+ dollar homes. Nah, I'll stick with snow - when else are you going to work on the truck?? My house (built in 1891) would have been over a million in SoCal. Paid $25,000 for it, and the extra lot. There's a lot I can do with the $975,000 I saved...

But I DO relish the 70 degree days, especially if the humidity is below 70 percent.

R

Old 04-07-2008, 02:45 AM
Sandidande
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rcav8or
Dan - I know...I moved to San Diego, from HAWAII in 1963. Lived in Clairemont until moving to Escondido/San Marcos in '77. With a year or so in Campo and another in El Centro, somewhere in there. When the cost of living got too high for me, I left in '88, never looked back. I'll agree, I miss the weather, but don't miss the high cost of gas, the 3-hour trip to go 30 miles, and the 8+ percent state tax. Oh yeah, paying the property tax based on the million+ dollar homes. Nah, I'll stick with snow - when else are you going to work on the truck?? My house (built in 1891) would have been over a million in SoCal. Paid $25,000 for it, and the extra lot. There's a lot I can do with the $975,000 I saved...

But I DO relish the 70 degree days, especially if the humidity is below 70 percent.

R
Man oh man, you are right on there.. With cost of living, I'm out of here as soon as my son goes off to college. But for now we were just talking about the weather - sigh! And honestly having been around the World a number of times in the service, I honestly won't really miss the weather that much either. Just like to tease other folks about it.