General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

MILITARY LIFE and contact thread (NO TROLLS! None at all)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 08:12 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Know what I mean Verne?

I think this thread can remain, but has served it's purpose

Old 11-01-2010, 08:38 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Received 3,288 Likes on 2,444 Posts
I thinks she a little stressed out from trying handle the so mature individuals on the 4x4 and off road forum. There is a great place to get some help, lol.

Just remember she has the "ban hammer", as those that know it call it. LMAO

Hang tough GW, the ammo bearer is on the way! Drop down to a sustain rate of fire,
not cyclic.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:11 PM
FlyByNight
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Greywolf
I'm bailing for a while -
By now you think I'm realy wierd and you have a right to.

but I do have stuff to check out,....
No GreyWolf, actually think you're quite intelligent and a good person with high moral values. I'll be dropping out for a while myself, peace.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:25 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I'm still thinking it through - there were a number of things I wanted to accomplish by bringing military folks together - but I was thinking in terms of a chapter.

It's a "Forrest and the Trees" blunder, WE DON'T REALLY NEED A CHAPTER...

My reasoning is that we already belong to a "CLUB" that is far bigger and wider spread than anything FTE or IBI will ever achieve - and you know what I'm talking about.

Yesterday at the lake I met the manager, and hung out with another guy that I instantly bonded with and got along with - because all 3 of us were prior service.
One of them was afro american, and I'm caucasian - it made no difference.

It cuts across everything else, military ACDU and VETS do not necessarily go out of our way to be secretive, but we definitely recognise and gravitate towards one another wherever we go because we are all sort of "LODGE MEMBERS" that have gone through the same indoctrination.

As for this thread - though it has served admirably and at length I have often thought it had a title that was overbearing and clumsy.

"NO TROLLS! - None at all..." is as good as saying "Stick your nose in here and we'll hand it back to you"

I think we can be a lot more discrete. Wherever we are, there we are anyway. In the last 24 I have begun to think in terms of networking, rather than showing off. We don't have to be 'FLASHY', which might be counterproductive to begin with.

BLUNTLY we already WERE a Chapter long before FTE ever went online. With a lot more connections and advantages than John Q. Civvy will ever know of.

FLASH MESSAGE:
I have created a "Social Group" named "VET NET" which is short for "Veterans Network" that can act within FTE as an active duty and retired service peoples Club House.

Like I was saying - "Chapterz? We don't need no steenking CHAPTERREZZZ!"

This operates within the rules and capabilities of FTE/IBI and does not infringe on anything else.

~That was the idea that was percolating in the back of my brain-housing-group (portable, mark IV) all along, but it wants for lookouts to attract new people.

Both IMAGES and MESSAGES have been enabled, so it should look the same as a thread - but I have never worked with that part of the forum systems extensively. I guess we'll have to explore it.

~Wolf out

* One of my favorite movies made a very good point in it: "SUCCESS IS LIKE A GOOD DISEASE - if you are exposed to it (if you are around people who have it), you'll catch it."
FULL SPEED AHEAD! I'm a stubborn American...

Old 11-02-2010, 09:55 AM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
I know exactly what you mean about having an "understanding" concerning fellow military members. Nicely worded write up the Dutch, salute!

I am proud to have worked long and hard to get there, and we are a much bigger chapter in a sense. Will ck out the social group soon as I am done unloading parts.

And just here using FTE as a enabler for our Ford truck addiction, to help understand like why I drove a total of 500 miles yesterday for some 8" lift kit springs for my 79 and the ability to gut the interior of a 75 F100 with a blue/wood grain interior.

I got unmolested door panels, with lower map pockets. Vinyl head liner w/chrome ring. Both visors, dash and glove box chrome ring. Seat in awesome condition with dash cluster, door jam trim.

Interior dome light with OEM non broken lens cover, and back cab bed light w/switch........and .... and..... and a sack of White Castle hamburger's for the copilot/navigator/wife since she rode along and helped me get all those parts.

Gota love a woman that will jump in the bed and get the back cab light since I was working on the dash, lol. BTW the 8" lift springs are going on her rig!

Old 11-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I hear ya loud and clear on that "Working on the dash". It isn't easy to pull a complete dash even under ideal conditions.

RE: "BTW the 8" lift springs are going on her rig"
~Nothing beats 'Enlightened self interest'

Old 11-02-2010, 04:55 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
I should of just bought the whole thing for 250 and "drug another one home", my back lot looks like a Ford truck grave yard, oh well one less in the crusher.

I'm up the VN.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
This tired and venerable thread is continued at the link I am providing below, which also contains what may be construed as our "Mission Statement":

VETERANS NETWORK
"Proud to Serve, Keeping the Faith"

With that having been said I think we can drop a wreath in these waters and move on to the next thread

Old 07-03-2011, 06:11 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Been a great thread! But time to move!

Old 07-03-2011, 06:15 PM
77&79F250
Moderator & parts seller
Yea not much activity, but its summer out and we are all working on outside projects.

And I'm looking into another "over there work tour" for a number of reasons.

Old 08-24-2011, 10:36 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
We have a new thread now - because this one got so long.
Simply named Veterans Network (VET NET)

Here is the new link:

VET NET

Old 08-25-2011, 01:57 AM
FORD RANGER
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cool man i'm a vet.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:42 PM
robert_l_ross
Cargo Master
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts