1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series All Ford Ranger and Mazda B-Series models

Rear Spring... Replace Leaf Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Bikeitswift
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Rear Spring... Replace Leaf Question

2002 Edge. Previous Owner had a leaf taken out on each side in the rear to soften ride. I want them back in for hauling stuff. I assume the leafs go back at the bottom of the existing pack, right? There was a thing white, probably teflon, piece with each one, about 4" long, and I assume that's an ant-squeak strip...right?? I started to do it, buggered the center bolt up using vise grips to hold it while unscrewing, only to find the two bolts I could dig up were too short, so I put it back together, and will but two Grade 8 bolts tomorrow...or should I buy the special spring bolts??? The leafs look like another clamp may have been on thee fore and aft, is there? a pair of clamps I'll have to buy as well??

(Photo with my cell phone camera, which I love! (Samsung Flip Shot)

Old 03-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Fleet Guy
Junior User
The center bolt does not need to be grade 8 It only holds the spring together until it is installed. What you do need to worry about is if the head of the bolt will fit into or into the mounting base.

Old 03-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Bikeitswift
Senior User
Originally Posted by Fleet Guy
The center bolt does not need to be grade 8 It only holds the spring together until it is installed. What you do need to worry about is if the head of the bolt will fit into or into the mounting base.
My grinder will make it fit!