General Automotive Discussion

FORD TRUCK ENTHUSIASTS - Order of the BLUE MAX

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 01:43 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by waynepriddy
does it count i f you help someone while your in your work truck and not your daily driver or buying someone a couple gallons of gas and not giving them money when they say their out of gas....not that i dont want to help but working in dallas people will do anything for a couple bucks for drugs or a drink...growing up in arkansas we all carried gas cans with an extra 3 or 4 gallons just in case(my gas gauge didnt work...lol)but its the same as people not carrying tools,extra oil, or plugs for their tire or DUCT TAPE a must..
Funny - when I was with Suncoast RV I had to take a huge and expensive RV to the filling station around the corner, and some wiseguy asked me to drop a few gallons in his raggedy-butt beater for him, same idea - if it's on the company tab who would be the wiser?

I was real tempted - because what the guy didn't realise was that I was pumping DIESEL. And that doesn't burn well at low compression, not at all.

My cut on that is if you have to rob someone (even if it's someone elses employer) you'd better be wearing comfortable shoes -

Because sooner or later you're going to be doing a lot of WALKING.

I have been that broke before, it is why I have never sold my bicycles. In fact, it wasn't so many months ago that I had to ride one of them into town from here to pay my bills. The price of some things is higher than it's worth

Old 05-26-2008, 08:40 PM
waynepriddy
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol...... like gas.....

Old 05-26-2008, 09:32 PM
TheNomad
Elder User
So um what is the blue max? Is it shiny

Old 05-27-2008, 07:40 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by TheNomad
So um what is the blue max? Is it shiny
Yep - but it's an idea, more than anything else. Check the first and second page of this thread - you'll see it....

Old 05-27-2008, 07:56 PM
TheNomad
Elder User
Originally Posted by F350-6
I pulled a garbage truck that had run out of fuel to the gas station today. Does that count? Actually I've helped several folks out over the years with flats, a short tow, loaning tools, etc., but the best story is when I told my daughter (now 19) that I wouldn't let here get her license until she could drive a stick, check her tires, change her oil, and change a flat by herself. Of course she thought it was all stupid until 6 months later when a boy at school had a flat and couldn't figure out how to change his own tire. She walked up and said get out of my way, and proceeded to change his tire for him (at the only high school in a town of 1200). That poor boy still gets made fun of and I've never been more proud.
Thats awesome.
Not to get off subject but I've all ways thought about this.
The only reason the female gender is thought of as not being savy when it comes to pulling a wrench is their fathers never showed them. I think some of the best things for a dad to teach his girl is how to fix cars and defend ones self =)

Old 05-27-2008, 08:00 PM
TheNomad
Elder User
Originally Posted by Greywolf
Yep - but it's an idea, more than anything else. Check the first and second page of this thread - you'll see it....
Hey neat! so does that mean I can put the neat blue thingy in my sig

Old 05-27-2008, 08:11 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I think some of the best things for a dad to teach his girl is how to fix cars and defend ones self =)
Thanks, but I discovered you also have to teach them when it's appropriate to defend them self. Otherwise when they're in kindergarten sharing a box of crayons and the teacher tells them to trade crayons and your little girls not quite done with that color you get a call from the principal because your little angel hit a boy who tried to take her crayon away.

Then your forced to go meet with the principal and try and keep a straight face while he explains to you it is not appropriate for your little girl to beat some boy up for stealing her crayon.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:15 PM
TheNomad
Elder User
Originally Posted by F350-6
Thanks, but I discovered you also have to teach them when it's appropriate to defend them self. Otherwise when they're in kindergarten sharing a box of crayons and the teacher tells them to trade crayons and your little girls not quite done with that color you get a call from the principal because your little angel hit a boy who tried to take her crayon away.

Then your forced to go meet with the principal and try and keep a straight face while he explains to you it is not appropriate for your little girl to beat some boy up for stealing her crayon.
Hehe ya that shouldn't start until High school =) not K1

Old 05-28-2008, 04:58 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Hey neat! so does that mean I can put the neat blue thingy in my sig
Yeah - copy and upload from whoever has it. It's purely an honor system.

Old 06-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Post Fiend
Yeah - copy and upload from whoever has it. It's purely an honor system.
Hey Wolfie, I don't have one of the neet blue things?

Old 06-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Post Fiend
Here's the latest in my trials and tribulations,
Was riding my bike (motorcycle) to work the other day
and in front of me was a FORD pickup which was loosing
it's spare tire.
The tire was actually sliding off the bar underneath. I finally
got his attention to tell him to which he replied "da OK" and
kept going so I made sure I stayed in front of him.
Somewhere along my route I lost the little cooler bag I had my lunch
my Benadryl some sodas and a bunch of papers with phone numbers,
doctor appointment cards and such but do you think anyone would let me know

Old 06-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by 80351
Hey Wolfie, I don't have one of the neet blue things?
Right click on mine, copy and save it somewhere, upload it to a gallery, then spec it as your avatar or specify the file on your PC (works better)

Old 06-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Post Fiend
Right click on mine, copy and save it somewhere, upload it to a gallery, then spec it as your avatar or specify the file on your PC (works better)
Thanks man,
How you been?
Night Wolfie
gotta close MD and turn off the lights

Old 06-19-2008, 01:18 AM
jjlogue3
Posting Guru
2 winters ago I was on my way to work when a lady in a 2wd Ranger slid into the ditch. I chained up to her and pulled her back out onto the road. She wanted to pay me and I told he since she was driving very slow and not "messing around" I could not accept it. I then followed her all the way to her turn off to ensure she made it safely.

Old 06-19-2008, 02:09 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
One of my favorite "I can't get the jack under it" fixes is based on weight distribution of the suspension springs.

It doesn't REALLY take all that much to lift up on the fenderwell to rock a vehicle back in the diagonally opposite direction - you're not really lifting up the machine, just shifting the load to the other springs.... (Call it applied mechanical physics, but anyway...)

Even two hundred pounds of upward force is enough to do the job - and I used to leg press nine hundred plus. Deadlifted 315 on a regular basis... So go figure.

That combined with leverage through the body and frame can allow even an average guy to lift up a corner of a stuck truck or car as much as eight inches!!!

TRY IT some time. A bumper works even better, farthest point of leverage. Remember that you're not trying to pick up the whole thing, just roll it back on its spring load enough so that a scissors jack can slide under.

Face away from the car or truck, grab the thing with both hands (a fenderwell works as well as anything), and with your arms hanging straight down, keep your back straight up and down - and use your legs only for the lifting force.

- You'll be amazed....

Quick Reply: FORD TRUCK ENTHUSIASTS - Order of the BLUE MAX