5.4L Bogging

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 08:42 AM
equium
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Update

So, my friend plugged in a scanner to my van; which, by the way, has still not turned on the check engine light. Everything was running fine. He did eventually get three codes while running some tests, but none of the codes activated the light. (He wrote down the codes to look them up at work).
And, It's been running fine. I still feel it's a bit week in second gear but that's mostly getting on the freeway. We can't figure it out. He is thinking I may need another bottle of water remover in the fuel tank (the first bottle perhaps didn't get all the water).
If anything else comes up, I'll let ya'll know.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:28 AM
equium
Elder User
And yet another update

Originally Posted by equium
So, my friend plugged in a scanner to my van; which, by the way, has still not turned on the check engine light. Everything was running fine. He did eventually get three codes while running some tests, but none of the codes activated the light. (He wrote down the codes to look them up at work).
And, It's been running fine. I still feel it's a bit week in second gear but that's mostly getting on the freeway. We can't figure it out. He is thinking I may need another bottle of water remover in the fuel tank (the first bottle perhaps didn't get all the water).
If anything else comes up, I'll let ya'll know.
So my engine spit it's second spark plug last weekend. Once again, my good friend took care of it for me at a fraction of what anyone else would charge. While he had the air cleaner/MAF assembly off the van, he noticed something. The MAF was not inserted all the way. I didn't see it, but he described that the MAF was not seated; however, there was still a good seal. He pushed the MAF fully back into it's place and re-assembled it all.
Let me tell you; I have my power back. I have to assume that the low power was due to the MAF. I doubt fixing the spit plug would give me more power (since it was working fine before being spit).
what do you guys think? could the MAF not being properly seated affect it's operation? I've driven it for a week now and I no longer have that flat-power feeling in second gear.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:22 PM
043fiddy
New User
This all sounds like my truck to a t. I have tried deleting the cats, new plugs, new fuel filter and air filter. It isnt missing .Just will not get out of its own way! zero power and horrible gas mileage. I pulled the o2 sensor and it was white. Shouldnt it have some carbon on it i mean it is in the exhaust! Havent tried the knock sensor though. Where else can I look?