1980 - 1986 Bullnose F100, F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Early Eighties Bullnose Ford Truck

Connector

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 05:16 PM
rmalottwtes30
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Connector

On my 85 6.9 I have two different questions pertaining to what should these wires hook up to.

The first on is a white wire all by it self coming up from under neath my truck on the driver side, it stops about mid way up the motor on the drive side. Anyone might know where this goes?

Ok here is the other one, this connector end isnt plugged into anything its on the passanger side close to where the GP solinoid is I was wondering if this needs plugged any where?

Ok maybe one more question, where does the condinser plug into, there is one yellow wire coming off it and its not plugged anywehre, there is no connector on it just a plain wire. Im guessing its a condinser, the very small cylinder item between the starter solinoid and the GP solinoid.

Sorry for the spelling, I cant spell

Old 03-09-2008, 06:38 PM
blue beast
Posting Guru
On the connector if the contacts look dark and filled with dirt it is probably a wire
that was for another model or option your truck doesn't have, If there are shiny
spots and it is pretty clean inside then it may have come unhooked. There are
always a few connectors not hooked to anything since it is more economical to
produce one wiring harness then to make a bunch of different ones and have to
wire them up, store them and then put them on the right chassis as it is goin down
the assemblty line.
a multimeter and a keen eye can help find where that loose wire went look for a
connector that is say a 4 wire and there are only 3 goig to it.
It could also be a wire someone ran for fog lights or a cb or something and then
they removed it when they sold it. I would check and be certain it didn't have 12
volts going to it since a short could be a bad thing and if it isn't fused a fire is a
real danger!!

Old 03-09-2008, 06:41 PM
rmalottwtes30
Posting Guru
tomorrow i plan on gettin up under the truck and finding out where that bare wire went to. All I know it looks like its going up under the truck.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Franklin2
Received 1,703 Likes on 1,377 Posts
The white wire looks like something someone added. It may have been for trailer brakes or a light in the rear or something.

The yellow wire with the condensor sounds like the radio noise condensor that attaches to the yellow wire on the voltage regulator.

I don't know what the plug goes to.