Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels  

Touchy Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 10:01 AM
sheamus
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Touchy Brakes

Late last summer i blew one of my brake lines towing a boat out of the water. I had them all replaced and ever since then my brakes are touchy as hell. The lines are bled and my reservoir is full. any one have any insight to what my problem might be?

Old 02-23-2008, 05:10 PM
ReAX
Post Fiend
Is it really a problem? It sounds ideal to me that the brakes grip as soon as you touch the pedal. If they replaced the rubber lines, you may have been accustomed to soggier brakes when the old rubber lines expanded and reduced the pressure to the calipers/cylinders.

No if the rears are trying to lockup before the front then you have something wrong in the proportioning valve. Otherwise, I'd be happy.

Old 02-23-2008, 05:12 PM
blue beast
Posting Guru
What vehicle? Is it the front or rears that seem to be grabbing more? Did they make
the lines themselves and is it the same diameter tubing that was on there originally?
Nice tight brakes are nice and seem like the thing to have until that day you stop
real fast and don't happen to notice the big rig in your rearview mirror!! That can't
stop as fast as you!!

Old 02-24-2008, 01:41 AM
sheamus
Freshman User
they are only extremely touchy when i first start driving after my car has been sitting for a few hours...Its a 1981 f150.