"Anything on E85"

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 05:18 PM
VikingBabe
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Anything on E85"

Anything on E85 - Feature/Closet Gas Hogs from "CARandDRIVER"

Fortunately, no Ford SUVs are mentioned in this article and the "E85" stands for "Ethanol 85"...not Econoline 85! But with the Summer coming and states changing over to more blended fuels....ARGH! Bad enough to expect higher prices for anything made with Corn in the stores.

Some Environmentalists are finally realizing "Green" does not necessarily mean "cleaner" the CO2 emissions either.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:34 AM
blue beast
Posting Guru
Co2 is a bogus environmental concern!! The inconvenient truth of the inconvenient truth is that it is less then 1% of the makeup of the air we breathe!! .003% actually
The atmosphere is 78% Nitrogen 21%Oxygen and the remainder is comprised of all
the other crazy gasses you ever heard of CO, CO2, NE, He, H and some you may
haven't. It is a fact left out of the whole Co2 reduction propaganda and it always
gets a bad reaction whenever I mention it, Since I guess it's been drilled into everyone
and now it is so widely believed that now when folks hear the truth it gets a knee jerk
reaction of UHHHUHH no way it is bad Co2 is Bad mmmkayy!!! That is also the reason
that the Nitrogen tire fill is a big scam since your tire is mostly filled with N already and
you are not operating at the level where pure N is going to have a measurable impact
on your tire or vehicles performance. Maybe in your shocks, Definately in a motorcycle
shock, But not in a street tire!! And not for $25.00 a shot!!

Old 02-22-2008, 06:51 AM
ashshade
Senior User
I'm more worried about global cooling, I don't like the cold. It was 22 below 2 days ago, I froze my butt off. All I wanted to do was burn some fossil fuels to warm up some

Old 02-22-2008, 09:41 PM
VikingBabe
Posting Guru
Here is another article on this same subject. From Autoblog.com...the comments are worth reading too.