1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

another what should i do question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 08:14 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
another what should i do question.

ok guys i can't decide whether to invest in another new clutch from Valair(currently have a LUK clutch i put in a year ago and has about 10,000 miles on it) or if i should use that money for a DP-Tuner. i'm hoping to put in stage 1 injectors before too long and only have the edge evolution for programming. i'm not having any problems with the clutch right now. Do y'all think this clutch will hold with stage 1's and DP-Tuner programs? my worry is that i get programs then the clutch slips and then i don't have the money for a clutch, but i also don't want to put in the stage 1's and not be able to use most of their potential either. right now i'm thinking i may need to go ahead and get the clutch first. let me know guys.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:30 PM
plowhand
Playing in the Dirt
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alot of people are running LUK clutches with stage I's. So unless your really going be hot rodding it all of the time I would go with the stage I's and programing and then worry about the clutch later on. Just my .02.

Old 02-17-2008, 08:30 PM
FARM69
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If there's nothing wrong with your current clutch I'd stick with it. There's no point in getting a new if the old one might be able to handle the job. What's the rating for the LUK you have now?

Old 02-17-2008, 09:07 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I put a new OEM replacement clutch in my 95 when i pulled the engine and replaced a bunch of stuff it needed to have done. Just a month or two ago i put a set of stage one RDS remans in, with DP tunes, 40t and 60t because it's a dump truck. It rolls coal like a little train, alot more than my modded 02 still on stock injectors. I can not tell any signs of slippage on the 60t program loaded down accelerating. In the higher programs yes, it would probably slip. It's ridiculously fast now for a 13 year old 10,000 pound dump truck.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:39 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i think i am actually leaning more towards the programming now b/c of the pain in the a$$ it is to replace the clutch. if it slips then i will just deal with the lower program until i can get the clutch. Thanks guys!!!