2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Removal of Middle Seat In Second Row

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 05:20 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I pulled the center seat out for a while. The no arm rests was the deal breaker. Plus, it forced me to keep the rear seats up more often.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:26 PM
nfntruth
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have had my seat out since this thread started a while back, we love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I put a rubbermaid roughneck container that holds all our tow straps, tie downs, tool kit and so on, which easily comes out for hauling extra adults, that allows a car seat at each outer bucket and still room to climb in. I wouldn't reinstall that seat to save my life, except maybe trade in, but I have to admit, this is the 1st vehicle I have had over a year that I am not bored with. I love it more everyday.

Old 11-05-2008, 04:51 PM
hookd
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well now that I have plenty of spare time I can report that the middle seat went back in after about 3 months. We started hauling some of the kids' friends around and we noticed that the outer seats had become rather wobbly after we removed the middle seat so it went back in and we tightened everything up and its good to go. The one thing the wife did was to get some vinyl and iron on velcro and make a cover for the back of the seat so when the kids are stepping over it to get in they are not tearing up the back of the seat and you can flip the seat back up and not even notice its there. Anyway I think its a good setup just not for us.

enjoy

Old 11-05-2008, 05:42 PM
berry1234
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hookd
well now that I have plenty of spare time I can report that the middle seat went back in after about 3 months. We started hauling some of the kids' friends around and we noticed that the outer seats had become rather wobbly after we removed the middle seat so it went back in and we tightened everything up and its good to go. The one thing the wife did was to get some vinyl and iron on velcro and make a cover for the back of the seat so when the kids are stepping over it to get in they are not tearing up the back of the seat and you can flip the seat back up and not even notice its there. Anyway I think its a good setup just not for us.

enjoy
Do you fold the middle seats up when the kids get into the third row?

Old 11-05-2008, 10:53 PM
hookd
Senior User
Yeh we have somebody sit in the middle alot and it works out pretty good having a cover over the back of the middle seat. The seat will barely sqeak by a carseat on each side.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:01 AM
carbonmetallic
Senior User
any chance you have a picture of the second row without the middle seat in?

Originally Posted by nfntruth
I have had my seat out since this thread started a while back, we love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! I put a rubbermaid roughneck container that holds all our tow straps, tie downs, tool kit and so on, which easily comes out for hauling extra adults, that allows a car seat at each outer bucket and still room to climb in. I wouldn't reinstall that seat to save my life, except maybe trade in, but I have to admit, this is the 1st vehicle I have had over a year that I am not bored with. I love it more everyday.

Old 11-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Why would it look any different than the pictures above??

Old 11-11-2008, 12:07 PM
carbonmetallic
Senior User
Originally Posted by Monsta
Why would it look any different than the pictures above??
well yes it will look different, two different vehicles... ,
quite a bit changed from the earlier model year expedition. The whole frame, interior, exterior, etc. Its also quite a bit bigger interior wise.

Old 11-11-2008, 12:43 PM
hookd
Senior User
I don't have any pics and the ones that chuck posted aren't downloading here so I don't know if its just the network security here or if they are gone now. Anyway from what I remember it looked like what was posted before. In fact I remember I thought it was pretty interesting how the interiors between the excursion and expedition el looked identical.
hope this helps.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:33 PM
Monsta
Sit. Stay.

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Can't imagine there's a huge difference in the way an 07 looks and the 03 pictured above. Headrests are different and the covering design but those pictures are a good representation of what it would look like without the middle section for everyone who owns an 03+ Expedition.

The Excursion & Expedition have two ENTIRELY DIFFERENT INTERIORS. The Expedition's interior is VASTLY superior than the Excursion's interior in ergonomics, fit and finish and safety. Although the second row in the Expedition could use some sort of inboard armrests

Old 03-16-2013, 10:24 AM
DevotedDad1968
New User
Seat Removal - For my Dogs!

Hi,

I am picking up this truck tomorrow from the dealer. This vehicle was purchased solely to transport my dogs and to go on the beach. I have 2 Shepherds and 2 pitbulls.

I am NOT mechanically inclined.

From what I am reading, this seat removal is rather easy. The armrest is not an issue because my dogs don't really care.

Anything else I should know though?

I want ALL the seats out so they don't get ruined. Except the passenger seat of course!

DevotedDad1968

Old 03-16-2013, 01:05 PM
expoman55
Mountain Pass
2cnd row center seat

Hey guys... if any of you have a 2cnd row center seat in black for sale I would be interested. I have a 2010 limited with the dark charcol black interior and would be interested in a second row center seat.
PM me if interested in selling.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:14 PM
DevotedDad1968
New User
Can't see pics of seats removed

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and I am wondering why I cannot view any of the pictures of how the Expedition looks without the seats, as well as with the Captain's chair installed.

Any idea why?

I am picking up my Expedition tomorrow. It was supposed to be today but my lazy *** did not get up in time.

First thing I am doing is removing the seats so my 4 dogs do not ruin the interior.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:35 AM
chuck s
Elder User
This is a Necrothread (dead thread) from 5 years ago and many photo sites from where the photos are linked are long gone or changed. I know that's the case with the photos I posted 5 years ago!

I tried to find the photos but I've been thru a couple of PCs since then as well...

-- Chuck

Old 06-23-2015, 06:21 PM
k9education
Senior User
Originally Posted by DevotedDad1968
Hi,

I am picking up this truck tomorrow from the dealer. This vehicle was purchased solely to transport my dogs and to go on the beach. I have 2 Shepherds and 2 pitbulls.

I am NOT mechanically inclined.

From what I am reading, this seat removal is rather easy. The armrest is not an issue because my dogs don't really care.

Anything else I should know though?

I want ALL the seats out so they don't get ruined. Except the passenger seat of course!

DevotedDad1968
We purchased ours solely for the dogs as well. At the moment, my plan is to remove the 2nd row and leave the 3rd row in for now. I am considering fabricating an open-ended storage box for that area. With the lid closed, it would provide a level surface for the dogs, but with the lid open it would allow easy ingress/egress for the dogs.

Quick Reply: Removal of Middle Seat In Second Row