Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Up Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Rick2001
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Up Pipes

I am starting to get a small leak on my up pipes. My local international dealer said it would be about $400.00 for the upgrade pipe kit.

Does anyone know of any super deals on this kit?

Is the stock gasket replacable? I may do this until I can invest in the kit.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:59 PM
clux
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is the best price that I know of:
http://www.shop.blackwidowdiesel.com...&productId=304

Old 02-05-2008, 03:07 PM
MR5x5
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd wait and save up. The job is a PITA and you'll only want to do it once.. Yes you can replace the stock donuts, but it is 4+ hour job with lots of heat soaked parts that could turn inot an ugly 16 hr job if you're trying to be gentle and reuse things like the turbo adapter. Then when you get it appart you are going to find the pipe scored where the original donuts were and you're not going to want to reuse them, not to mention the improbabilitiy of getting the compression seal perfectly realigned at the manifold. They're about $50 ea plus mounting HW and the next thing you know, your into it $150 to do it wrong.....

A little leak is no big deal. Save unitl you can and do it once the right way. The kit comes with new everything for $300; pipes, adapter, mounting HW. All of which lets you be a little aggressive (read cut-off wheel or sawsall) when removing the original equip.

If you are stuck and have to go the new donut route, keep searching this forum as some folks have found a non oem donut that does a superior job for this application.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Alpine6
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MR5x5
I'd wait and save up. The job is a PITA and you'll only want to do it once.. Yes you can replace the stock donuts, but it is 4+ hour job with lots of heat soaked parts that could turn inot an ugly 16 hr job if you're trying to be gentle and reuse things like the turbo adapter. Then when you get it appart you are going to find the pipe scored where the original donuts were and you're not going to want to reuse them, not to mention the improbabilitiy of getting the compression seal perfectly realigned at the manifold. They're about $50 ea plus mounting HW and the next thing you know, your into it $150 to do it wrong.....

A little leak is no big deal. Save unitl you can and do it once the right way. The kit comes with new everything for $300; pipes, adapter, mounting HW. All of which lets you be a little aggressive (read cut-off wheel or sawsall) when removing the original equip.

If you are stuck and have to go the new donut route, keep searching this forum as some folks have found a non oem donut that does a superior job for this application.
I totally agree with this post. The job is a PITA, which is being nice! Do it right once, so you never have to do it again. I don't mind helping people work on their stuff, but will never do this job again!

Matt

Old 02-05-2008, 04:19 PM
PowerstrokeJunkie
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought a set straight from IH for about $345. BWD has them in stock and i'd get them ceramic coated if youre getting them from there.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:00 PM
Cracker 73
Senior User
This is a good time to check rear of manifolds to make sure they are not leaking. They most likely will be but easy to pull off and have trued. The up pipe are really not to bad. Remove stabilizer bar link it gives alot of room on right side.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:12 PM
greagin
Elder User
powerstrokeshop.com has them OEM with bellows for $302, it is a full install kit with adapter and mounting hardware.