Sticktion

Check this out: http://www.enertechlabs.com/Is_Stick...d_07162006.htm

http://www.enertechlabs.com/

Has any one used their products?

Old 02-05-2008, 01:13 PM
HKusp
Lead Driver
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Sounds like a viable theory, but it may just be snake oil. I think if you use the correct oil and change it regularly, it is not a significant risk.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:43 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ford has a good flash out for the 6.0's right now called inductive heating, got rid of all my stiction problems for me

Old 02-05-2008, 01:54 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
One of the site's sponsors, Lubrication Specialties, makes a product called Hot Shot's Secret. You can find them in the sponsor panel at the top of the page.

It, too, is supposed to eliminate this "stiction". Forum members have tried it and should be willing to share their experience.

Pop

Old 02-05-2008, 02:13 PM
clux
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think if these products really did everything they claim they will do, they would get the same amount of promotion on sites like this one that DPTuner and Brian's Transmission Shop get. The guy promoting Hot Shot's Secret came pushing his product, but when the questions got tough he suddenly got too busy to respond to them.

These facts tell me everything I need to know about these types of products: If they sound too good to be true..................

Old 02-05-2008, 02:18 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
A wise point there, Clux.

If I didn't have to "spread 'em around", well, you know......

Pop

Old 02-05-2008, 02:47 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Clux. I agree 100%. Rep points given

Old 02-05-2008, 11:48 PM
a-rod
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hot Shots Secret has worked for many people, theres been a couple large threads on it that you can read through. I ran it in my 6.0 and it made a noticable difference in my stiction issues. And Im probly gonna try some in my 7.3, simply because I think it cleans the whole system. Ive never really been one for additives but I think Hot Shots works to a degree. And the promoter is still around and will answer any question you throw at him. If you try it and it doesnt work he will refund you.

However, Hot Shots was pretty much created for the 6.0 and its common stiction issues. Not such a problem with the 7.3s

Last edited by a-rod; 02-05-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:59 AM
jtharvey
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
One of the site's sponsors, Lubrication Specialties, makes a product called Hot Shot's Secret. You can find them in the sponsor panel at the top of the page.

It, too, is supposed to eliminate this "stiction". Forum members have tried it and should be willing to share their experience.

Pop
I'll give you my experience with it, and it's not positive. I bought it, thinking my 150K+ injectors could probably benefit from what the claims of the product advertise. I also thought that since they have the money back guarantee, if it didn't work I wouldn't be out anything.

Gripe number one, it didn't do anything for me. I put it in with a fresh oil change, ran it for 3K miles, and didn't notice a thing. It didn't run any smoother, idle any different, start any quicker, pick up any MPG, nothing.

Gripe number two, they didn't make good on their money back guarantee. I tried several times to contact the guy, and never once did hear back. I'm out $50 and not at all pleased.

Gripe number three, now I keep getting mailings from the company promoting their products. Their first one didn't work, and they didn't follow through on the customer service side of things, so why in the heck do I want to get info on their other products? I sent the last one back with a "Rejected, please remove from mailing list" note on it.

There's my take on the HSS. If it wasn't designed for the 7.3, then IMO the guy shouldn't have come onto the 7.3 forum pushing the product and touting a money back guarantee.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:27 AM
15 and 92 Dad
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jtharvey
I'll give you my experience with it, and it's not positive. I bought it, thinking my 150K+ injectors could probably benefit from what the claims of the product advertise. I also thought that since they have the money back guarantee, if it didn't work I wouldn't be out anything.

Gripe number one, it didn't do anything for me. I put it in with a fresh oil change, ran it for 3K miles, and didn't notice a thing. It didn't run any smoother, idle any different, start any quicker, pick up any MPG, nothing.

Gripe number two, they didn't make good on their money back guarantee. I tried several times to contact the guy, and never once did hear back. I'm out $50 and not at all pleased.

Gripe number three, now I keep getting mailings from the company promoting their products. Their first one didn't work, and they didn't follow through on the customer service side of things, so why in the heck do I want to get info on their other products? I sent the last one back with a "Rejected, please remove from mailing list" note on it.

There's my take on the HSS. If it wasn't designed for the 7.3, then IMO the guy shouldn't have come onto the 7.3 forum pushing the product and touting a money back guarantee.
WELL SAID! I also tried it and had the same results, but like most of the public I didnt try to get my money back, thats what companys' like that are counting on!
Rich