Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch pedal and stuff

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 05:18 PM
blueovalboy86
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
clutch pedal and stuff

i bought a ford that the guy was converting from 5 speed to automatic. i am going to put everything back to manual. it needs the clutch pedal put back in...it has the small brake pedal so im guessing the whole assembly wasnt changed? how do you put the pedal back in? also...the clutch mater cylinder was taken out. is all i have to do is put that back in and run a rubbe hose from it to the slave cylinder? it has a new clutch and slave cylinder also. but what goes from the clutch pedal to the mater cylinder? im just trying to figure out what i need...by the way..its a 91 f150 302 5 speed 4x4

Old 01-28-2008, 06:00 PM
flareside_thunder
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If it's got the small brake pedal...then the entire assembly was NOT changed...you should be in good shape if he gave you all the linkage and such he tore out....the clutch pdeal mounts on the same rod the brake pedal does...as for the rubber hose..there is alot of pressure running through there to be using a rubber hose.....the OEM steel hoses aren't too horrible priced.I'm trying to think...I believe the clutch pedal works the same as a brake pedal...and the only line is the one that runs from the clutch reservoir to the slave cylinder......Good Luck

JR

Old 01-29-2008, 07:11 AM
blueovalboy86
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah well its has a little brake pedal. i dont know where the clutch pedal is or any of that stuff. the linkage and what not. but i guess i have to go to the junk yard today and get it out of there. so basically all i have to do is get the clutch pedal and mounting bolt for that, whatever linkage that goes to the master cylinder. and then the master cylinder itself and the metal line that runs down to the slave cylinder right?

Old 01-29-2008, 07:46 PM
flareside_thunder
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pretty much yea.......I'm sure someone else will pipe up and say something.....Luck

JR