Hybrid system retrofit for any car/truck?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 11:11 PM
aurgathor
Cargo Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fordescape1
I will report back here with my findings if ya'll are interested...
Yes, we would like to hear your results!

Old 06-10-2008, 06:00 PM
trinogt
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DEFINITELY! I have been waiting ever since the first mention of a purchased system!

Old 06-12-2008, 04:15 PM
FESTER1st
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As am I
He posted on the 9th it takes 2hrs to install whats the hold up!!!!!!! JK

Old 06-12-2008, 04:24 PM
trinogt
Cargo Master
Yeah dude, the money back, satisfaction-guarantee expires in 7 days! lol

Old 06-12-2008, 06:47 PM
projectSHO89
Hotshot
Received 875 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by trinogt
If you don't believe in conspiracies, take a listen to the radio and television ads, and you will hear about places that say 'There isn't a better time to sell your gold jewelry, with the price of gold so high'... ...
And the accuracy of those claimants is no better than the scammers selling the hydroxy-crap......

..about the same as the colon cleanser scammers that claim you have 10-30 pounds of stuff like spackle in there and their product will get it out..

geezz...There's that danged MTV effect again....

Too many people really are too stupid to listen to the scientists who know what they're talking about, instead choosing to listen to what they are pre-disposed to hear from people like Gore.

Sigh....

Old 06-12-2008, 09:00 PM
trinogt
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by projectSHO89
And the accuracy of those claimants is no better than the scammers selling the hydroxy-crap......

..about the same as the colon cleanser scammers that claim you have 10-30 pounds of stuff like spackle in there and their product will get it out..

geezz...There's that danged MTV effect again....

Too many people really are too stupid to listen to the scientists who know what they're talking about, instead choosing to listen to what they are pre-disposed to hear from people like Gore.

Sigh....
Who actually listens to Al Gore? And, who really cares about global warming when it isn't real, and scientists have proven years ago that it is a normal rising and cooling trend? Do you reallty think one has to believe in global warming to believe hydroxy boosters work?
My advice to you: Stay away from this forum, pay full price at the pump for gas and don't say a word to any of us who will be laughing at you as you fill up. You are a detrimental piece of work on this forum who has nothing good to add to this topic, so get lost and lurk around somewhere else. Thomas Edison was called a moron for thinking the light bulb would work, and how about them Wright brothers, with their goofy'flying machine'??!
Your character defamation will not be tolerated. When you can prove something doesn't work, we will listen. Till then, keep it shut.

Old 06-15-2008, 02:08 AM
aurgathor
Cargo Master
Who actually listens to Al Gore? And, who really cares about global warming when it isn't real, and scientists have proven years ago that it is a normal rising and cooling trend?
Awright, name some scientists who 'proved' it, and provide a link to said 'proof'.

Do you reallty think one has to believe in global warming to believe hydroxy boosters work?
Do you really think this question makes any sense?

My advice to you: Stay away from this forum, pay full price at the pump for gas and don't say a word to any of us who will be laughing at you as you fill up.
My advice is to learn some real science.

You are a detrimental piece of work on this forum who has nothing good to add to this topic, so get lost and lurk around somewhere else.
Not that you said anything worthwhile, or anything factually correct, for that matter.

And BTW, I think you could be a case study to show that there's a definite relationship between arrogance and lack of scientific knowledge.

Thomas Edison was called a moron for thinking the light bulb would work,
and how about them Wright brothers, with their goofy'flying machine'??!
And the hydroxy booster is more than enough for that.

Your character defamation will not be tolerated.
Woohoo, pot calling the kettle black!! And what are you going to do? Sue? Or complain to the admins?

When you can prove something doesn't work, we will listen. Till then, keep it shut.
There were more than enough proof posted why this can't work, but some people apparently can't, or don't want to listen, and you're one of them.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:00 PM
trinogt
Cargo Master
Wow dude, you definitely have too much free time... Since that is the case, just what you asked for, here is some reading for you:

APC: United Nations > Articles > There is No Global Warming
Science Has Spoken: Global Warming Is a Myth
There IS a problem with global warming... it stopped in 1998 - Telegraph

If you want, you can go the the University of Calgary in person, where one of the most in-depth studies has been done to prove the non-exixtense of global warming. There are even conspiracies about oil companies funding 'no global warming' studies. This study was already done a few years ago, but the scare-mongering continues. These groups have their own agenda and cannot speak from actual scientific proof. Pictures and video of melting ice shelves in the Antarctic mean nothing; They melt and re-build every year, sometimes more one year, and less another, but always balance out in the end.
I have personally studied up a lot on this topic, and many others related to it.
And because you didn't understand something else I wrote, let me break it down for you:
Just because someone wants to get better fuel economy doesn't mean they believe in global warming... Don't know how anyone could have missed that.

I once believed in global warming until I did a whole lot of reading of various studies. If you only read about cases 'for' global warming and no cases 'against' it, then you have developed a dangerous position in science: A BIAS.
As far as all the other slamming you have done, I am in a position to not really care about what you say against my character. Have a good day.

Old 06-16-2008, 11:47 AM
FESTER1st
Senior User
Please gentlemen do not turn this thread into a keystroke brawl as I would like for it to remain open for discussion of the original topic. Thank you!

Old 06-18-2008, 02:30 AM
aurgathor
Cargo Master
Dude, you couldn't possibly pick better 'references' than you did.

First of all, I asked for names of scientists and scientific studies. Do you actually know what is a scientific study, and how it is presented? Here are some examples: http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/cru/data/temperature/HadCRUT3_accepted.pdf or
http://www.maureenraymo.com/2005_Lisiecki+Raymo.pdf
Note, they're somewhat difficult to read.

For an easier read: (not a scientific study, but something that lists its references)
Global warming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.climate.unibe.ch/~stocker/papers/white04sci.pdf

Wow dude, you definitely have too much free time... Since that is the case, just what you asked for, here is some reading for you:

APC: United Nations > Articles > There is No Global Warming
Googling "AmericanPolicy.org, funding" reveals the following gem: ExxonSecrets Factsheet: American Policy Center
"A far right organization, APC particularly focuses on the issues of "environmental policy and its effect on private property rights; [...] APC has published an article by Fred Singer arguing that the earth is cooling, not warming and an article accusing Al Gore and his "theory of global warming" of genocide."

A quick search on funding: Steven Milloy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia "Steven J. Milloy is a columnist for Fox News and a paid advocate for Phillip Morris, ExxonMobil and other corporations. From the 1990s until the end of 2005, he was an adjunct scholar at the libertarian think tank the Cato Institute. Milloy runs the website Junkscience.com, which is dedicated to debunking what he alleges to be false claims regarding global warming, DDT, environmental radicalism and scare science among other topics."

So these are 2 sites with industry ties -- ($$) -- not exactly the most believable and unbiased sources, to say the least.

Now, this is a bit better than the previous and I have to give you credit for that. However, this one has other problems.

First, here's the explanation of the 1998 peak: Bob Carter | Logical Science's skeptic rundown, then take a look at the trend om temp chart a little later

If you want, you can go the the University of Calgary in person, where one of the most in-depth studies has been done to prove the non-exixtense of global warming.
Links please.

This study was already done a few years ago, but the scare-mongering continues. These groups have their own agenda and cannot speak from actual scientific proof.
Do you actually know what a scientific proof? And just what scientific proofs are presented in the 3 articles you provided links for? Some cherry picked data to prove some points?

Here's the temperature record of the last 25 years -- all derived from direct measurements in modern times:
Image:Short Instrumental Temperature Record.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pictures and video of melting ice shelves in the Antarctic mean nothing; They melt and re-build every year, sometimes more one year, and less another, but always balance out in the end.
Then how come that see levels are rising?
Sea level rise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://ipcc-wg1.ucar.edu/wg1/Report/...Print_Ch05.pdf

I have personally studied up a lot on this topic, and many others related to it.
I have no idea where you studied it, but based on your scientific knowledge (or more precisely, lack of it) I highly doubt that it happened in an accredited institution. And no, reading verbiage from right wing websites is not a 'study'!

And because you didn't understand something else I wrote, let me break it down for you:
Just because someone wants to get better fuel economy doesn't mean they believe in global warming... Don't know how anyone could have missed that.
Sorry, you missed the point completely: Why did you need to bring up global warming?!?

I once believed in global warming until I did a whole lot of reading of various studies. If you only read about cases 'for' global warming and no cases 'against' it, then you have developed a dangerous position in science: A BIAS.
A bias, yeah, and hearing it from you is an an über case of hypocrisy!

Old 06-18-2008, 08:25 PM
trinogt
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by FESTER1st
Please gentlemen do not turn this thread into a keystroke brawl as I would like for it to remain open for discussion of the original topic. Thank you!
I guess maybe he just doesn't understand your English, Fester... I will just leave it at this, and maybe he will think that I am buying into his beliefs?
I have better things to do with my time. Next thing I will have to prove the existence of God or something...

Old 06-19-2008, 02:27 AM
aurgathor
Cargo Master
I promise I will only ask you to prove your *own* claims.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:10 PM
captkos
New User
PS: any system that generates hydrogen onboard with electricity while driving is a BS/scam.[/quote]

Just becuase YOU can't do, do not assume others do not try harder or do not give up as easy as you.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:12 AM
aurgathor
Cargo Master
I can generate hydrogen without any problem, that's not an issue. But getting some extra energy out of it, that won't work. However, you're more than welcome to try, as hard as you can.

And I state one last time (really!) that breaking up water into hydrogen and oxygen requires quite a bit of energy, and when the resulting gases are burned, the energy one will get back cannot be more than what was originally put in. Here's a more detailed (and technical) explanation: Conservation of energy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And due to the inefficiencies (alternators are about 50% - 65% efficient, electrolysis 50% - 75%, etc.) you start out with a roughly 25% - 30% efficiency on hydrogen generation, and that hydrogen will be piped into an IC engine with about 20% - 25% thermal efficiency.

Ever though about buying 2 of those 'kits' -- that could double your saving, don't you think?

Old 07-25-2008, 09:21 PM
trinogt
Cargo Master
You are forgetting one very important part of the hydrogen equation:

It has been proven that when you add hydrogen to a fossil fuel burning engine, it drastically increases the efficiency of the combustion process that otherwise would not be present. Also, it cleans the engine of deposits and cleans up carbon and NOX emissions.
Hey, I heard a guy say the other day the world was round... What's up with that?

Quick Reply: Hybrid system retrofit for any car/truck?