1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Hey AX

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 03:24 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Talking Hey AX

Hey man, remember when I was asking about springs for my '56? Anyway, I got to thinking that I'd been better off if I'd kept the original ones on the Nova subframe than to buy the ***** aftermarket ones from a parts house. Then I thought I'd go to a junkyard and get some original springs from a late model cop car (crown Vic) I measured them and I think they'll work. I got a real good spring compressor, and I'm thinking that may work? What do you think AX?

Thanks for all the good advice AX. You are a great addition to FTE! We all appreciate you for your expertise. I know I could get some from one of the places you suggested before, but this might be easier and since I'm buddy's with the junkyard guy, I can get them for FREE. I was thinking about a late model cop car with a 4.6 V8 I know they are a heavy engine, and the cop car springs would be heavier too. If they don't work, I aint out nothing.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Fomoko1
Received 1,353 Likes on 1,112 Posts
Another bump....