General Automotive Discussion

Saw something on a Cadillac today...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 09:20 PM
stu37d
Government Teat-sucker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Saw something on a Cadillac today...

and I was curious to know aboutit. I was cruising up the road between 60 and 65 mph (speed limit is 55 on this road). I was coming up on a Caddy (I think it's the new one that is supposed to be 'all that'- I forget the model) and was closing the gap pretty quickly, but not too fast. When I was about 20 yards or so from the tail end of the car the flashers turned on, almost like they saw me getting too close. As I said, I was still about 20 yards from the back of the car- within a second or so of switching lanes to go around. There was an older woman driving it, and I just couldn't imagine her hitting the flashers like that to 'warn' me that there is a car in front of me. It wasn't foggy or anything, I just hadn't begun making the lane change yet. Is this some sort of feature on new caddies? If so, why? It seems like it might be a cool safety feature when there is heavy fog or rain, but in clear weather? I just don't know about newer cars doing so much of my thinking for me. At what point will cars drive themselves?
Just curious...