We need a get together.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Kymber
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We need a get together.

My suggestion is simple.

Since we all love to wrench and we all love fords and I am sure most of us love beer,

I suggest we all get together at my house (I am very central Polk County) drink some beer and get my engine swap done on my 150. Sounds like a great idea to me.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:42 PM
flareside_thunder
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So....we're not allowed to stand there drink all your beer and tell you what you're doin wrong?Nuts! heh heh...wish you were closer to me I'd be up fer it....

JR

Old 01-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Kymber
Senior User
he11 I would settle for advice at this point

Old 01-15-2008, 07:49 PM
flareside_thunder
Posting Guru
Well I'm Junior...what you need Chris?

JR

Old 01-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Kymber
Senior User
this is from the engine swap logs

OK Ok, before you ask the '00 is blown up and I got a 97 4.6 w/ 20k on it for $500. I know that the older engine into a newer truck is silly but I am cheap.

Now that that is out of the way, the intakes are different and so is the coil set up. I plan on swapping the long blocks, but keeping the same intake and ignition. You guys are so much smarter at these things, can you see any reason why this will not work? I am nervious of the electrical connectors. I do not have the '00 out of the truck yet so I cant compair them side by side.

Also, does anyone know if the engine on the '00 will come out the top? The guy that I bought the '97 from said that he had to take the cab off the truck to get the engine out because of the firewall in front of the radiator. That makes no sence to me. I am even willing to pull the intake and the oil pan off if need be. Please Please Please help me out a bit

Now I know that the 00 has the PI heads and I would love to keep them but I think the knocking that I have is in the heads. So that is out...I am just really concerned about the intakes matching up. I know that they are different so I wanna use the 00 intake, but with the PI heads on the 00 and the NPI heads on the 97 I dont know if that will work.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:00 PM
flareside_thunder
Posting Guru
Uhhhh....sorry for my uselessness...you tried posting that int he modular forums?I knwo it'd be easier if you took the front clip off then it would be to pull the cab.....

JR

Old 01-16-2008, 05:52 AM
Kymber
Senior User
front clip is basically off already