Notices
2009 - 2014 F150 Discuss the 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

Does Toby Keith really help sell these trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:18 PM
Ryan50hrl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok...i'm done....we'll leave it at you'll never buy a new truck.....i buy a new truck every two years....you'd rather buy a dodge....i'm going to buy a ford. You don't like usb ports, power windows, or brake controllers.....I like them all.......You drive a "old rust bucket" (by the way...hows that thick sheet metal working for you) .....I'll continue to drive a new F-150......Good night.....and I wish you the best of luck with your next dodge.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:26 PM
voltson
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FTE Ken
If what his employees at his restaurant in Pigeon Forge say is any indication, he's a real jerk that no one wants to deal with.
My question was that I recall Jackson used to be the official Ford truck country music spokesperson a few years back, and was wondering why and when Ford switched to Toby Keith?

Old 01-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Old Rust Bucket
Elder User
Originally Posted by Ryan50hrl
(by the way...hows that thick sheet metal working for you)
well a brand new Grand Prix ran into the back of my truck last summer. Put a few dents and scratches in it and caused $2k worth of body damage to the car. This answer your question?

Amazing the difference the 20 years makes....

Old 01-15-2008, 10:36 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by greythorn3
if anything toby would make me not want to buy one!

Did you notice that Chuck Norris has become a traitor and doing ads for the Honda Ridgeliner or what ever they call that wheel barrow

Old 01-15-2008, 11:02 PM
Old Rust Bucket
Elder User
Originally Posted by sglaine
Did you notice that Chuck Norris has become a traitor and doing ads for the Honda Ridgeliner or what ever they call that wheel barrow
How is he a traitor? He is an acter paid to do a job. I have to wonder how many people actualy think he's a LEO (law enforcement officer)

Old 01-15-2008, 11:04 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by Old Rust Bucket
How is he a traitor? He is an acter paid to do a job. I have to wonder how many people actualy think he's a LEO (law enforcement officer)

He was a Dodge fan for many years...Honda being own by a Japan Co. Need not to say anymore.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:05 PM
THE KING
Definatly remember watching walker texas ranger every saturday night. I was in love with his grey dodge ram and the off road lights. LOL thats before i knew it was a dodge. But i still liked it.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:09 PM
THE KING
He was a Dodge fan for many years...Honda being own by a Japan Co. Need not to say anymore.
LOL How does him having a dodge in walker texas ranger make him a dodge fan? Unless youve seen him personally driving a dodge, or him Saying that he is a dodge fan lol.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:12 PM
THE KING
lol im sorry but if someone famious sings "IM A FORD TRUCK MAN" It really wouldnt motivate one bit lol.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:18 PM
61 uni
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
Which restaurant in Pigeon Forge does he own? I live just down the road from PF, but don't know half of what's there...

Tim
It's closed now. It was the alan jackson cafe. Hello from Rogersville.

Old 01-15-2008, 11:19 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by THE KING
lol im sorry but if someone famious sings "IM A FORD TRUCK MAN" It really wouldnt motivate one bit lol.

I know that...LOL Just he is promoting a Japanese wheel barrow baffles me

Old 01-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
So.. ryan... your JUST discovering that rusty and the mad sheriff are trolls? Seldom do they have anything good to say unless it is about their rigs and their rigs only. They just like to hop forums and stir the pot. I'm really surprised Ken would spend any time trying to "discuss" a late model truck, much less anything else with either of them, unless it is to praise nothing but old iron.

I have driven almost every Ford Truck from 48 to 99 and I've loved every one of them. But none of them could ever out perform my 99, under any circumstances that I can think of.
My username is from my favorite old truck, my 55 Panel that was initially a National Park Service Plumbing truck, then my mom and dad's fishing truck, then mine for another 200,000+ miles, before it was ripped off and trashed for me. But, there was a lot of building and rebuilding along that distance. New engine. Complete body work fix. Rust. Patched dents that the park service just buried. Brakes, clutches, radiators, and constantly under the hood, standing on my head doing a "chevy style" tune-up. Although the 292 was a fairly powerful engine, that distributor in the back, was a stupid mistake. And sitting at an angle to boot! I'll keep my 99 thank you, boys. You just haven't a clue.

I've no complaints with certain qualities of the older trucks, but coming to a forum concerning a truck you'd never drive and doing everything ya can to **** everyone else off, tryiong to prove superiority, is just plain trolling.

Not worth arguing with them about it. Just give's 'em their jollies.

Last edited by Fordlover55; 01-15-2008 at 11:57 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:53 PM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Because he got tired of replacing the trannys in the Dodges
He is famous ofr his martial arts which are Japanese so he went where the money is. He also is always on the late night commercials for that Total Gym work out equipment with Chrisy Brinkley and Wesley Snipes.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:03 AM
bookem15
Senior User
what I can not believe is that there is 5 pages of posts on this. They don't drive these things unless they are paid to drive them. some may drive them on the farm they say they have and work on but come on 5 pages?

WHO CARES LOL

Old 01-16-2008, 12:08 AM
LxMan1

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by greythorn3
bodys thin metal, interiors made of plastic turns to dust, engines made of aluminum wich disolves and cracks., ttransfercases made of aluminum same thing, and transmissions made of aluminum.. buch of light weight MPG Garbage.

the list is way to long to go through..

Ray
That's funny, the C6 in my 77 has an aluminum case, the floorboards are shot, I had to replace the bed because it had no floor and the wheelwells were gone. It runs great, has an aluminum intake manifold too. I has a 460 with 3.50 gears. My 5.4L tows almost as good, would out tow it with 4.10 gears. The difference?
My 01 is much quieter, the cab actually gets warm in the winter, has 4x4 and is a supercab. It stops much better with much larger brakes and 4 wheel disk. The 77 gets 6mpg and the 01 gets 14.5mpg. The 77 weighs 4480lbs. The 01 weighs about 5230lbs

There are many 5.4L engines out there with over 500,000 miles on them. They last a very long time. The 3.8L Ford V6 has been around since the early 80's and other than a few head gasket problems(usually from overheating), there were no metal problem with these engines. They even evolved into the 4.2L that was used up until 09 in the trucks.
Aluminum heads disipate heat better and are less prone to detonation so you can run a little more compression or timing and make more power.

I enjoy driving both vehicles, but the 77 seems so primative compared to my 01.
I'm not knocking the old trucks or the new trucks. I like them both, but times are changing and so are the goodies available on new vehicles.

Quick Reply: Does Toby Keith really help sell these trucks?