Ford vs The Competition Technical discussion and comparison ONLY. Trolls will not be tolerated.

Toyota Adds 13 More Models To 08 Tundra Lineup

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 06:13 AM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 88FordF-150
Hhhhmmmmm.... I suspect sarcasum. Just kind of gets old hearing the same argument time after time. Seems like if you discuss any other brand then ford your a trader.
No, no sarcasm there....That's the way I feel about it too...

Tim

Old 01-16-2008, 06:43 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by greythorn3
to make more $$.. plastic is always cheaper then steel. go look at toys r us

ray

Now there's the truth...People now a days have now clue to what Craftsmanship is about ....LOL There all out there gobbling up all of the Gong-bong garbage out there...LOL

Old 01-16-2008, 08:34 AM
osbornk
Postmaster
Originally Posted by sglaine
No.... Disk brake are no better..Did you notice that Cheby went back to drums and Ford should also..

Not petal ether try pedal.....
Ford did go back to drums on several vehicles (old Trurus, etc). Drums are vastly inferior but cheaper. If you're in the mountains, drums work great on the first curve on a steep downgrade, fair on the second and not at all on third and later (if you are still on the road).

Old 01-16-2008, 09:16 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by osbornk
Ford did go back to drums on several vehicles (old Trurus, etc). Drums are vastly inferior but cheaper. If you're in the mountains, drums work great on the first curve on a steep downgrade, fair on the second and not at all on third and later (if you are still on the road).
This is why we said that adjust them and maintain them...People think that with all of these new innovations that they are going to be trouble free is a joke...No matter what it is it still has to be maintained I have seen Disk fail in hills so you can not tell me that they are better...Clue is anything will work if maintained right..

People are going threw Disk on there trucks and cars because they do not have the caliper sliders lubed 2 or 3 times a year..

Old 01-16-2008, 10:21 AM
SMIGGS
Posting Guru
This is why we said that adjust them and maintain them...People think that with all of these new innovations that they are going to be trouble free is a joke...No matter what it is it still has to be maintained I have seen Disk fail in hills so you can not tell me that they are better...Clue is anything will work if maintained right....
Disk brakes are waaayy better. Look it up on google. Disk brakes will disapate heat alot better than drums, that is why drums aren't prefered when towing or in the mountains. As for maintainance, I don't have to lube anything on my disk brakes 2 or 3 times a year. Keep the disks somewhat clean and your good to go.

I would rather do a brake job on a disk set up anyday. Way easier IMO and your not fiddling with springs and so forth.

I will ( and I'm sure others will agree ) take the superior design ( disk brakes ) that requires little or no maintainace.

People are going threw Disk on there trucks and cars because they do not have the caliper sliders lubed 2 or 3 times a year..
Are you sure?

Please reference my comment about superior design with little or no maintainace...

Old 01-16-2008, 01:10 PM
greythorn3
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Now there's the truth...People now a days have now clue to what Craftsmanship is about ....LOL There all out there gobbling up all of the Gong-bong garbage out there...LOL
they think the craftsman ship now is the PLASTIC emblems, hell somtimes the emblems now are STICKERS!!! back in the 70's emblems used to be METAL! i bet the new kids with new fords dont even know that.. its dealerships are like magicians now they blind you with the flash (usb ports/dvd players) and rob you from the real sustinance.

Ray

Old 01-16-2008, 01:37 PM
Hobo
Senior User
they think the craftsman ship now is the PLASTIC emblems, hell somtimes the emblems now are STICKERS!!! back in the 70's emblems used to be METAL! i bet the new kids with new fords dont even know that.. its dealerships are like magicians now they blind you with the flash (usb ports/dvd players) and rob you from the real sustinance.

Ray
What is so great about a damned emblem that is cast out of cheap zinc alloy? Not only do they break easily, but the holes that must be put in the sheet metal create another great place for rust to start expecially considering the holes are in a place that you can't get to to clean out road salt. At least not unitl the badges break off, of the holes corode so badly they fall out.

Old 01-16-2008, 01:56 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend

Ray

And those dvd usb port yuppie garage that distracts the drive and causes crashes..And takes away the responsibility of driving...

When we went to drivers education we did not have that crap..And those teachers are rolling in there graves about the simple mindedness of the way things are today

Old 01-16-2008, 02:09 PM
ghunt
Postmaster
Dont forget the chipsticks and gongs..

Ray
And short ribs

Old 01-16-2008, 02:15 PM
thorseshoeing
decadent and depraved

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
t the simple mindedness of the way things are today
Yup, there are a lot of simple minded people running around...But I don't think "the way things are today" are simple minded...

Tim

Old 01-16-2008, 02:20 PM
greythorn3
Posting Guru
maybe all these new SAFETY features are to make up for the people watching a movie and talking on their cell phones while going down the road plugging in their ipod?

Ray

Old 01-16-2008, 02:33 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
Yup, there are a lot of simple minded people running around...But I don't think "the way things are today" are simple minded...

Tim

Of course it is when there playing with there cell phones and IPODs and what else plugs into what ever and not playing attention to there driving and being responsible about there driving...Accidents are on the rise every year from people being simple minded ....And who the heck pays for it you and I do in higher insurance rates...

Old 01-16-2008, 03:22 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
Disk brakes are waaayy better. Look it up on google. Disk brakes will disapate heat alot better than drums, that is why drums aren't prefered when towing or in the mountains. As for maintainance, I don't have to lube anything on my disk brakes 2 or 3 times a year. Keep the disks somewhat clean and your good to go.

I would rather do a brake job on a disk set up anyday. Way easier IMO and your not fiddling with springs and so forth.

I will ( and I'm sure others will agree ) take the superior design ( disk brakes ) that requires little or no maintainace.

Are you sure?

Please reference my comment about superior design with little or no maintenance...

Little to no Maintenance you say are you kidding me..Yeahhh Your are kidding me.....

Old 01-16-2008, 03:33 PM
greythorn3
Posting Guru
how many times you change your rear drums compared to your front discs?

Ray

Old 01-16-2008, 03:35 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,118 Likes on 2,174 Posts
Originally Posted by SMIGGS
As soon as something good is said about the competition and that Ford is somewhat behind ( sorry but the truth hurts ). The "bleeding blue hearts" having nothing left to do but bash the competition.

Awaiting another thought provoking reply from the usual suspects....
i did not bash toy yoda, i simply stated my opinion. i think they are built like crap, ride like crap, and look like crap.

Quick Reply: Toyota Adds 13 More Models To 08 Tundra Lineup