Sponsored by: Moser

Answers To Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 01:00 PM
JalopnikMatt
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Answers To Questions

Thanks for the quesitons everyone, we took them to Matt O'leary at Ford to get answers and actually turned them into a post. Here's what we got:

After spending part of the day with the fine folks responsible for the new Ford F-150 we've had some of our questions answered. First of all, they're not in any hurry to release the power numbers so you can stop asking, though they're going to be adding the diesel in 2010. Those wanting a manual transmission? Petition all you want, but even with gas prices going up the number of F-150's orders with a manual transmission keeps going down and they don't see a market for it.

Why the introduction of the Platinum Edition? According to Matt O'Leary, one of the driving forces behind the new F-150 at Ford, the King Ranch Edition "has more of a southwestern flavor" and Ford wanted something to provide "more of a Chicago or Manhattan" feel with their new truck, focusing on aluminum touches with tuxedo-stiched leather as opposed to the leatherfest that is the King Ranch. And for fans of the LOBO edition, we can tell you that it's coming back with the new models.

Hope that helps. Oh, and here's the 2009 Ford F-150 Questions Answered Post. Thanks!

Old 01-14-2008, 07:42 PM
elemint
Elder User
Will a column shifter be available? I don't understand the middle shifter in trucks. Why waste all that valuble storage?

Old 01-14-2008, 07:47 PM
idealtrucks
Laughing Gas
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
This no market for manuals that ford says kills me. People can't order them if they aren't offered. A 4x4 manaul hasn't been offered for a long time.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:33 PM
builtfordtough13
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks, you have done an awesome job and I love your website.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:43 PM
the Goat
Senior User
Originally Posted by JalopnikMatt
Those wanting a manual transmission? Petition all you want, but even with gas prices going up the number of F-150's orders with a manual transmission keeps going down and they don't see a market for it.
That makes a lot of sence. They only offer the manual with a V6 and two wheel drive.

"Dahhh, I don't know why nobody wants to buy the manual transmission? I'm a stupid Ford marketing expert."

Attention Ford: I don't want a manual transmission to save money. I want a manual transmission (with all the extra goodies -> V8, 4x4, heated seats, power windows/mirrors, etc. etc. etc. ) because I like the manual "feel" more then the feel of a Detroit slushbox.