Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 10:40 PM
TMI
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: THX-TMeyer

There is nothing more satisfying than when we hear from customer who have
built their 400 and had great results.

I would like to take this time to also thank all of our customers for this past year. We have had a fantastic year.

BUT because of this popularity, we have received so many Emails that I have done a very poor job of responding. If you are one who have emailed us & have gotten no response, I apologize.

This coming year my goal is to do a better job of customer relations.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:32 PM
ErrorS
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You get tons of emails from stupid people like me.. Sorry about that, I have neither money in-hand or am completely sure what I can spend on it but I still thought it was OK to waste your time asking which route I should go.

Don't worry about my question (I said I needed a good build for when tax season rolls around), I'll just give you a call once i have money in hand and I know what I can spend.

If others are like me (and I'm sure they are) they understand, they realize you're running a public service more than you're running a business.. hah

Old 01-14-2008, 01:51 PM
TMI
Posting Guru
I don't think I get Emails that are that stupid, Unfortunately emails end up being the last item I get to.

Between hunting down engine parts for the machine shop, working with the walk-in customer and answering their questions, answering the phone calls, answering the questions the machinist have, finding out why the parts I ordered are short pieces, then I try to return the Emails I got today. Then I will work on the emails that I got yesterday that I did not respond to and so on.

Unfortunately what it boils down to is Emails are the last to get attention compared to phone calls. It is easier to give your attention to a ringing phone as compared to an email that sits there quietly waiting. I hate to know how many $$ I have lost because I did not get back to someone's email.

I love talking with people about their engine, so don't feel back about contacting me.

I will share a pet peave, people who ask me for information and then spend their money somewhere else, or people who bought the parts on Ebay or the sort, then call me to answer question about their parts.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:59 PM
ErrorS
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, you definitely arent losing my money by not responding right away..

Look at it this way and this is the truth, if a person needs an urgent response they will call you, not email you. Whenever I *need* information right away I pick up the phone, most people are the same way.. E-Mail is a replacement for snail mail, not for a good ol' fashioned phone call. I think most people know this when they email someone..

When the time comes and when I get really serious about rebuilding my engine, I'll call you.

but you should put on your site that if you need a quick response people should call, I've seen people put that on other sites before.

Old 01-14-2008, 02:11 PM
TMI
Posting Guru
Good idea, Thank you!!