Computer Chips & Tuners  

commander ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 10:10 AM
1highStroke
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
commander ?

Has anyone used the commander with the Dp chip or used the commander as just a stand alone gauge system. I am just wanting to get some info on how accurite they are compared to analog gauges. Thanks for any imput.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:11 PM
720Deere
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some of the Commanders have issues with reading the coolant temp correctly but for the most part they are accurate. After getting mine repaired, it reads within 2 degrees of what a scanner is picking up from the PCM. Boost is extremely close as well as transmission temp. I couldn't tell you how accurate the EGT is because I have nothing to compare it to.

Overall it's a nice unit, but the Edge Insight may be a better investment. I haven't heard anything bad about them yet.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:16 PM
wrangler76
Senior User
Better investment as in it's a cheaper price? How is the Commander installation? It looks like it's alot more than an EGT probe and OBDII plugin......

Old 01-14-2008, 05:25 PM
1highStroke
New User
how is the boost read with the commander. dose it get it from the pmc or do you tap into the boost like like an analog gauge. I've heard the arn't accurite when you add a chip and boost folier.